An Open Apology To Bill Cihak

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, in light of what I posted in this thread, in reference to apologizing, and making amends, it occurs to me that I owe Bill an apology for this thread. That was an unnecessarily vulgar display on my part, and, in an effort to reduce rancor in the Study, I sincerely apologize, Bill. While it's likely that I'll continue to refute what I see as factually challenged posts, and that you-like everyone else-will be subject to my derision when we disagree, as a gesture of apology-meager as it is-I will no longer use the lower case, derisive and mocking appellation "billi," when referencing you in my posts, and will capitalize your name from now on.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually he uses the lower case himself for his user name.

Always good to be polite to someone annoyed with you, makes them even more annoyed. :lol2:

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, in light of what I posted in this thread, in reference to apologizing, and making amends, it occurs to me that I owe Bill an apology for this thread. That was an unnecessarily vulgar display on my part, and, in an effort to reduce rancor in the Study, I sincerely apologize, Bill. While it's likely that I'll continue to refute what I see as factually challenged posts, and that you-like everyone else-will be subject to my derision when we disagree, as a gesture of apology-meager as it is-I will no longer use the lower case, derisive and mocking appellation "billi," when referencing you in my posts, and will capitalize your name from now on.

Actually he uses the lower case himself for his user name.

Always good to be polite to someone annoyed with you, makes them even more annoyed. :lol2:

:)

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I always thought you just kept missing the C when typing his name.
To me the study is like the bathroom useful at times
But not a place to hang out.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Group-hug-healthy-bonding-for-self-esteem-sharing-moving-from-Secrecy-facing-the-shadow.jpg

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's true. You have someone ranting at you and you are polite in return it annoys the hell out of them.

Yes.

But the point of THIS thread is amends and apologies. So let's move on, shall we?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes.

But the point of THIS thread is amends and apologies. So let's move on, shall we?

I see the irony didn't quite get there. My first sentence was genuine, the second ironic (not sarcastic btw), so is Elder actually apologising or just trying to take the moral high ground?

OP
elder999

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
I see the irony didn't quite get there. My first sentence was genuine, the second ironic (not sarcastic btw), so is Elder actually apologising or just trying to take the moral high ground?

There is no "moral high ground." I was wrong, and unspeakably vulgar, and should have apologized a long time ago.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is always a good thing to make an apology when you think you have overstepped a line - even if it is only a personal decision as to where that line is :nods:.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I apologize for thinking that my style really is better than your style, even though it clearly is.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

It arrived. Just ... ill-timed IMVHO.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Elder, thank you. I accept the apology and want to go forward as if that post never occurred. I hope you know I mean this sincerely, sometimes posting doesn't always convey things the way we would like. So again, without reservation thanks. I would try to say more in response but I don't want to effect the moment by saying something the wrong way. Happy posting Elder. I'll see you in the study.

Latest Discussions