An appeal for other traditional ninja styles - GC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So if someone knows of a legitimate style of ninjutsu that can be traced back to Japan, please let me know.
Bujinkan Taijutsu. h ha ha. HA.....no....nothing?.....not even a titter? huh.

Has anyone heard of the Koga Ryu Videos by Juan Hobre? his name sounds authentic Japanese.lol.

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
So if someone knows of a legitimate style of ninjutsu that can be traced back to Japan, please let me know.
look into yourself and you mind find it! hee hee!, maybe you are the missing link... or the weakest link? hee hee! (j/k) ;) had to don!

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Enson said:
look into yourself and you mind find it! hee hee!, maybe you are the missing link... or the weakest link? hee hee! (j/k) ;) had to don!

Enson, Please stop trying to disrupt these forums and let us deal with things in a serious manner. Your crusade against me is proving distracting.

r.severe

Blue Belt
Reaction score
WOW.. Donny shihan, now now now..
""Enson, Please stop trying to disrupt these forums and let us deal with things in a serious manner. Your crusade against me is proving distracting.""

Donny shihan are you really saying this.. you're the master of this yourself..

But with all due respect to you, I must say you are correct in your post and have written a very good story on the Koga ryu... very nice. I hope you can do more work like that on this forum.

ralph severe, kamiyama

r.severe

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I really never ask for proof.
With my experience I just watch.

The human being lives on their ego and fear.
Once this is uncovered and the path is exposed then the truth becomes very easy to put to the test on the battle field or mat if pride or integrity is questioned.

But saying you are right or they are worng gives no one peace.
The web or forums seem to not prove right or wrong about anything I have come to question myself.

ralph severe, kamiyama

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
Enson, Please stop trying to disrupt these forums and let us deal with things in a serious manner. Your crusade against me is proving distracting.
no one has a crusade against you... well no one outside of your dreams anyway.

r.severe

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Donny shihan, with the subject of "proof".. being questioned... why not prove some of your facts for us..
Like why you say you live in Japan and really you do not.. or do you and why you avoid your background in martial arts.. and not bring up our personal relationship from the past... or poast infor about yourself on your web site.. photos.. and some proof of your fighting experience.. I believe many here would love to hear what Donny shoihan is really like outside the forum hidden behind his desk...

Now now.. you know you cannot follow me around and see me fight Donny shihan.. I would have to take you on as a student to do so..
My fights are more or less like your life.. hidden.. and no proof.
I understand your feelings and why you are the way you are from what I know about you Donny shihan.. Trust me I know.
What fool has a record of street fights Donny shihan?
This alone tells me you know little or nothing of fighting in the street.

ralph severe, kamiyama

Dale Seago

Black Belt
Reaction score
r.severe said:
Donny shihan, with the subject of "proof".. being questioned... why not prove some of your facts for us..
Like why you say you live in Japan and really you do not..

Don certainly had ME fooled: Met me at Narita airport on one of my trips over there and took me straight to Nagase sensei's class, where everyone seemed to know him and he translated for Nagase. From there he drove me to this house he pretended to live in, complete with a Japanese woman pretending to be his wife and a little dog and cat. Put me up there for a week. Even took me to an English poetry event at a Japanese school, where he'd somehow gotten everyone to pretend that he was a teacher of English so that the illusion of his being a Japan resident wouldn't be spoiled.

It was a truly masterful con, I have to give Don that much. I never even suspected.

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Dale Seago said:
Don certainly had ME fooled: Met me at Narita airport on one of my trips over there and took me straight to Nagase sensei's class, where everyone seemed to know him and he translated for Nagase. From there he drove me to this house he pretended to live in, complete with a Japanese woman pretending to be his wife and a little dog and cat. Put me up there for a week. Even took me to an English poetry event at a Japanese school, where he'd somehow gotten everyone to pretend that he was a teacher of English so that the illusion of his being a Japan resident wouldn't be spoiled.

It was a truly masterful con, I have to give Don that much. I never even suspected.
well there you go! the ultimate ninja! hee hee! :ultracool

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Of course Dale is part of the conspiracy to make people think I live in Japan. :wink2:

This thread is not about me. Rather than hijacking it some more, I invite Ralph Severe to take his questions to a thread I started to deflect disruptive questioning of my experience and abilities in other threads. You can find it here.

It is in a section of e-budo that Ralph seems to not spend a lot of time reading. There is another thread in the same section devoted to him that he has never bothered to respond to. You can find it here. . Since Ralph is a member of e-budo, he can ask his questions there instead of in this thread.

r.severe

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I feel you will find the truth at www.artofcombat.com about me.
Not on some forum where you can lie and mislead others about yourself Donny...
I'm open and honest.. how about you?
Birds of a feather flock together.. hey Dale shihan...

It's really simple Donny shihan.. we can get James to come on here and then.. well you know.. the truth be told about you and your past.
But why trouble him?
I hope you are not really thinking I'm the only one who knows..
Anything else?
Why not get back to the post.. subject...

ralph severe, kamiyama

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Enson said:
no one has a crusade against you... well no one outside of your dreams anyway.

Can you look at Ralph Severe's posts and still say this with a straight face? First he tries to say I do not live in Japan. When that was shot down he switched over to less specific accusations and hinting that there was something he knew but wasn't going to say. Hint hint, nudge nudge.

So sad that he is allowed to disrupt a thread like this. I would like to have a thread describing how I am searching for another ninjutsu tradition in Japan, but have yet to find one. And then invite peopel to let me know of any they may have heard of or suspect so that I can check them out. But of course, some people have their agendas.

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
Can you look at Ralph Severe's posts and still say this with a straight face? First he tries to say I do not live in Japan. When that was shot down he switched over to less specific accusations and hinting that there was something he knew but wasn't going to say. Hint hint, nudge nudge.

So sad that he is allowed to disrupt a thread like this. I would like to have a thread describing how I am searching for another ninjutsu tradition in Japan, but have yet to find one. And then invite peopel to let me know of any they may have heard of or suspect so that I can check them out. But of course, some people have their agendas.
well... i think ralph was using an example of your claims. he said no one here has no proof and they all take your word. this might have been caused by your consistent attacks against him. as for his reasons/agendas couldn't tell you.

what he knows about you...? :idunno: i think if he is brave enough to make a threat than he should put it out on the table. if you say he has nothing on you then call his bluff.

as far as your find of traditional ninjutsu... well if you have been looking for years and have found nothing; or have not accepted anything well... when you finally do find something... let us know.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something. What claims has Don made, other than the fact that he lives in Japan, and trains with Hatsumi sensei and the Japanese shihan? Oh yeah, and he makes these ridiculous requests that groups claiming lineage to Japan actually be able to prove it...

Jeff

R

ronhughen

Kreth said:
Maybe I'm missing something. What claims has Don made, other than the fact that he lives in Japan, and trains with Hatsumi sensei and the Japanese shihan? Oh yeah, and he makes these ridiculous requests that groups claiming lineage to Japan actually be able to prove it...

Jeff

Gosh, if you read his posts, he (don shihan) seems to be THE expert on EVERYTHING. But, he never steps up to the post when asked to provide some evidence or proof that he is what he seems to be representing himself to be. I tried for a while to get him to do it, he never directly dealth with it so I gave up . . . not that important to me . . .

r.severe

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well Ron sensei I would have to agree... Donny shihan does AVOID questions..
And what's so funny he does not have a dojo or students of his own.. or any fighting experience..
You have to ask that question.. when dealing with his forum ego.

Jeff sensei,
I'm very happy you asked....
I feel Donny shihan has made many post implying he has some knowledge on fighting.. either it is street fighting or matches he has had.
He can't back that up.. I've spoken to people who know him from his past... he would be telling lies if he said he did.. have experience with fighting.. as well as had conversations with him in the past about his training and experience.
He is in fact very good at making you believe what he has to say by his watching tapes and books.. and of course seminars.. but.. really.. he has no hands on experience with being beaten up or beating up anyone else.
He lives through others and what they can do.. this would be the problem with posting any information on himself as in history and photos on the web...
Like others I know who in fact have experience and nothing to HIDE he hides everything. Ponder that..
All mainly he has is history to help him look like he's got the bone and you don't..
But history doesn't make you a experienced fighter or experienced at warrior arts.
Getting out in the mud, climbing fences, hiding from attackers, shooting, survival training, fighting, sparring, etc.. does in fact give you these skills.. not web research or books..
I know you understand because of your experiences..
The question is how can we look so knowledgeable like Donny shihan without ever going to the post or doing 'real' training that matters?
I want to do it his way...
I'm tired and in pain from my training..
Well his finger tips should be in good condition from the key board.. LOL..
Again thanks for the question..
Hope you are doing well..

ralph severe, kamiyama

G

Genin Andrew

Mr. Severe, dont take this as an attack on you and i'm by no means sticking up for Don but why do you look down on him because of his supposed lack of fighting experiance.

If a man can train hard in ninjutsu and become very knowledgable on the topic while avoiding physical confrontation with randoms wishing to beat on him then that is a good history/quality to have. To have the training (which i'm sure Don has) because one can only learn so much from books and videos. And his knowledge shows that it exceeds any seminar.
So he has the training and the knowledge but also the discipline not to unleash it unless he absolutely has to, where is the negative in that?

I have been in a few brawls myself,but i dont look at that as a positive, it doesnt make me more of a man or put me further along the track to being a warrior. Isnt the better/more intelligent warrior one who can avoid conflict unless there is no other alternative?

I may be wrong but i just read your post as though you were highlighting Don's lack of fighting experiance as a negative while promoting a sense of masculinty because yourself and others HAVE been in fights...sounds a little childish to me but i may have misinterpreted what you were trying to say.

much respect
-andrew

mpearce

White Belt
Reaction score
Now I understand why Sensei hates the internet. After reading all of the garbage everyone has posted on this thread. I would hope that people of rank would act more like adults and the Shihan they are suppose to be. Sensei told me that the translation for Shihan is "Gentleman teacher" and the "Teacher of gentlemen". But all I see on this site is children bickering about who is the toughest. If it were all about this "fight" experiance then even Sensei wouldn't be able to teach, as he says he hasn't had a lot of combat experiance. Notice I use combat and not fight as children fight. And as for real technique I would love to see anyone go up against Sensei. I know for years I have tried to hit him, and as of yet I am the one on the floor wishing I hadn't. And that is why people with real combat experiance come and train with Sensei. Not because he has been in it; so much as because he can teach what is real and works.

Michael Pearce

althaur

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thank you, Mr. Pearce. I think what needed to be said was just said. :)

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
mpearce said:
Now I understand why Sensei hates the internet. After reading all of the garbage everyone has posted on this thread. I would hope that people of rank would act more like adults and the Shihan they are suppose to be. Sensei told me that the translation for Shihan is "Gentleman teacher" and the "Teacher of gentlemen". But all I see on this site is children bickering about who is the toughest. If it were all about this "fight" experiance then even Sensei wouldn't be able to teach, as he says he hasn't had a lot of combat experiance. Notice I use combat and not fight as children fight. And as for real technique I would love to see anyone go up against Sensei. I know for years I have tried to hit him, and as of yet I am the one on the floor wishing I hadn't. And that is why people with real combat experiance come and train with Sensei. Not because he has been in it; so much as because he can teach what is real and works.

Michael Pearce
what sensei would this be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions