An Android timer that works with gloves on - FREE

Solf

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I think it would be right to share with you a nice app I’ve developed…
During many years of practicing martial arts (especially Muay Thai) I’ve been using the classic Everlast boxing timer for sparring.
Once the wave of smartphones began, I thought that classic timer would pass away. Unfortunately, I was wrong.
Me and most of the athletes I’m in contact with - have still been using it.
The main reason for that would be the inability to activate and control the timer while wearing gloves, since the capacitive screen of the smartphone reacts solely to the bare skin touch.
So I’m proud to introduce my solution to that (Android based) – I’ve developed a smart algorithm that detects a punch and reacts accordingly (start/pause timer). I’ve wrapped it into a very nice looking and convenient timer app that even announces the round numbers!

Since I think it would be helpful to a lot of athletes I’ve put it in Play Store for FREE:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maginmp.app.punchround
Or just search for “PunchRound”.

P.S. I’ve put a lot of effort in this app and yet it is free and ad free in the main screens. Please, rate it 5 stars with a kind comment if you like it. Otherwise, write the reason here so that I can improve it and really deserve your 5 starts.
Ranking fewer than 5 stars won’t resolve any problem/bug; it may only decrease my motivation for improving.

Have a nice day,
Mark.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What a great idea!

Giving it a download and will try it out with winter gloves. :)

OP
S

Solf

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm glad you have benefited from it :)

OP
S

Solf

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi!

A new version is out! Better design and interface, bug fixes and performance improvement.

ujwp.png

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions