American TKD Grandmasters List

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
So the UK doesn't allow instruction in arts that don't use a belt system?

Not that it matters anyway. I'll just pop off to my office and print myself a couple eleventy-first Dan Grand Poo-bah certificates. Or buy one from any of the many places that sell them online.

Venues don't allow instruction without insurance, you can't get insurance without proving your instructional certification (which in the UK for Taekwondo, as we're in the Taekwondo board, is a minimum of a 1st Dan). I'm sure if you were doing Systema or something (I don't know any non-belt systems), then someone would certify you as competent to teach, that would be required to gain insurance.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Venues don't allow instruction without insurance, you can't get insurance without proving your instructional certification (which in the UK for Taekwondo, as we're in the Taekwondo board, is a minimum of a 1st Dan). I'm sure if you were doing Systema or something (I don't know any non-belt systems), then someone would certify you as competent to teach, that would be required to gain insurance.

Well, pick pretty much any traditional Chinese MA. No belts. No Menkyo system such as some Japanese arts. And although I'm no expert, being allowed to teach, in at least some cases, just means your instructor has said "go ahead and teach." So I'm guessing that the UK would require that teach to go ahead and print out something saying "go ahead and teach."
So the obvious question... how does the UK decide if that piece of paper is worth anything? I mean... Ashida Kim...

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Master Weiss, Master Wheatley was just promoted to IX dan Grand Master by Grand Master Choi, Jung Hwa at the current ITF World Championships in England.

Pax,

Chris
Well deserved. Now that would be another topic. Irish born Grandmasters? Pass along my congratulations.

Latest Discussions