Amatsu

Kunoichi

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey,
I started ninjutsu about 6 months ago. My instructor has suggested to my class that it would be very benificial to our training if we learn Amatsu, the traditional Japanese health and healing method. There is a course starting up nearby me soon that my instructor recommended although it is rather pricey.
Has anyone else here learned any Amatsu and is it very benificial to your MA and/or to your everyday life, or will it just be a waste of my time and money?

Thanx in advance for your thoughts :)

E

Elizium

Amatsu can help you in training. You should take a look into it.

Jay Bell

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm assuming he was referring to Hichi Buko Goshinjutsu? A few Menkyo Kaiden have been handed out by Hatsumi sensei in the healing aspects of Hichi Buko, but I've yet to hear....or hear of...anyone that had a good grasp of it's principles of said group.

I'd suggest checking it out though...what could it hurt?

E

Elizium

There has been one person that has studied Amatsu that I know of and he was able to use it effectively withing training as a fighting aspect/add on. Some of the stuff he could do by saying in Amatsu, this does that to the body and it causes pain there on the body, and point to where it would cause pain when applied.

So I say go and look into it. It is another add on that is ignored widely and should be explored.

OP
Kunoichi

Kunoichi

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanx for the advice folks!

Im gonna start try it out. The course doesn't start until next month but im really looking forward to it :uhyeah:
Even if it doesnt improve my martial skills much, it never hurts to have healing hands :rolleyes: hehe

E

Elizium

I hope it helps you in budo.

Look at it this way, if you hurt them, then you can also charge them for the healing process also :)

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
it depends on what you want to spend... although, if you can afford it, do it.
your instructor is trying to help you so you should listen to him. many people know how to hurt but don't know how to heal.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Enson said:
it depends on what you want to spend... although, if you can afford it, do it.
your instructor is trying to help you so you should listen to him. many people know how to hurt but don't know how to heal.

Healing goes against the teachings of being a "black clad ninja assassin" tho...

:ninja: :ninja: :D

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Healing goes against the teachings of being a "black clad ninja assassin" tho...

:ninja: :ninja: :D
and what if you want to flip out? lol!

Latest Discussions