Am I overreacting to pepper spray?

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
You can build up an immunity to it, but it takes perseverance. You need to place a drop of it in each nostril and under your tongue, and in each eye, once daily. Over time, your body will no longer react to it. It varies from person to person, how long that desensitization takes, so it is very important to stick with it, don't give up.

I've done it, I can now take a full spray directly on the face and eyes, and it does not phase me at all. You can do this too, if you get started and be consistent with it. Keep at it, and good luck to you!

First have to say in regards to the op...
Tactical_Facepalm.jpg

That out of the way, for the eyes and nostrils yes but remember, unless you were also inhaling vapor, hold your breath because it will do a serious number on your lungs. That is actually what you want to have happened. I have been sprayed in training and accidentally during the chaos of fights (one guy I work with use to be notorious for even accidentally spraying himself. Now he has a taser, we are waiting for that shoe to drop ;) ). Even if it effects you, if you have the will you can fight through the pain in your eyes and the mucous membranes but the effect on the respiratory system, if it's a vapor spray vs stream or foam, I don't think that is something one can acclimate to. I could be wrong though.