Am I alone?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I the only person who would love to see the candidates use their ads and debates and the like to tell me why I SHOULD vote for them, instead of why I SHOULDN'T vote for their opponent?

Gee, maybe if we allowed anyone other than Republicans and Democrats to have real access to be placed on the ballot and participate in the debates, they might just have to do that...

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You and I both. I hate negative campaigning and it drives me absolutely crazy.
icon13.gif

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
For years I've been saying that I won't vote for someone who can't give me a reason for voting for them. If your whole campaign as exhibited by your marketing is that "the other guys sucks"... that's not enough

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Alone? No. The mud slinging gets to be a bit much.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It would be refreshing to hear why you should vote for them instead of telling us there opponet sucks, but with alot of things it will never happen.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would much rather hear what Candidate "A" plans to do, than hear why, in Candidate "A"'s opinion, Candidate "B" is so bad; that means nothing to me, except that Candidate "A" has nothing good to say about himself, and so much muckrake in the direction of Candidate "B".

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Am I the only person who would love to see the candidates use their ads and debates and the like to tell me why I SHOULD vote for them, instead of why I SHOULDN'T vote for their opponent?

Gee, maybe if we allowed anyone other than Republicans and Democrats to have real access to be placed on the ballot and participate in the debates, they might just have to do that...

No...you're not alone.

However, statistics show that negative ad campaingns produce results. Blame dumb-**s Americans for perpetuatiing them.....It's the "Springer Metality..."

Allow major 3rd party rep's to particiapate in debates and the candidates may actually have to know something...don't expect the status quo to allow that any time soon....Free my ***.

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm sick of the whole thing. Today I saw a McCain commercial that I honestly thought was some warning of the apocalypse until they showed Obama's picture. The whole thing is ridiculous.....In fact, the entire partisan politics deal is ridiculous to me.

How is it that if we say that a certain race....or a certain religion.....or a skin color.......or any OTHER discriminator is completely evil, everything about them, they are stupid, etc etc etc....it is racism, it is horrible, and it makes someone a bad person.

But there is NOTHING wrong with saying that "all Republicans are ignorant" or "all democrats are morons?" In fact, it is public and nation, and common to do so? How is that not stereotyping and discrimination?? Personally, I'm sick of it and disgusted by it. I have lost an unbelievable amount of respect for so many people as a result of this election.

You know....maybe every other election has been just as bad and maybe I just didn't care enough to notice, but I think that this one in particular is disgusting.

I apologize to any passionate political advocates here, I mean no offense, I would just love to see a debate or election where the country as a whole can vote and discuss issues....not based on party politics and sweeping generalizations - which are just as untrue as any other stereotype.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would much rather hear what Candidate "A" plans to do, than hear why, in Candidate "A"'s opinion, Candidate "B" is so bad; that means nothing to me, except that Candidate "A" has nothing good to say about himself, and so much muckrake in the direction of Candidate "B".

One thing I try to keep in mind is that in most cases the only reason Candidate B is running is that...well.. Candidate B probably has a lot of fans. Which means if you insult Candidate B, you are, by association, insult a lot of people who support Candidate B.

It's one thing to insult one person, it's another to insult maybe over 50% of your fellows who happen to believe in that person.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I agree.

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I am also getting really tired of hearing that (insert Candidate's name here) has "a plan" to fix things. Terrific, except that they rarely if ever tell us WHAT the plan entails.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Nope your not alone, I would also like to see that.

And as I have said before just once I would like to vote for the guy I thought would do the best job instead of the guy I think will do the least damage.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am also getting really tired of hearing that (insert Candidate's name here) has "a plan" to fix things. Terrific, except that they rarely if ever tell us WHAT the plan entails.

...or that only Congress could implement it, and they won't.

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think Americans as a whole are pretty sick of the status quo and sick of feeling like they have no choice but to choose the lesser of two evils on election day. I think everyone is ready for some decent leadership in this country; it's long overdue.

Latest Discussions