Already a Black belt?

OP
S

Swagmaster2993

Orange Belt
Reaction score
What do you think about self defense against crocodiles? According to another Aussie on this forum, that's a real danger for you guys.
In Australia, you don't train for that. you are born in a headlock from your mother are taught to wrestle crocs when you are 2 weeks old. :D

OP
S

Swagmaster2993

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Interesting. Every Hapkido (Martial Art) school gets to do it there own way. I don't recall being taught that eye gouge that quickly when I was learning Hapkido. But it's all good. How do you define perfecting that strike?
Difficult is my definition. I prefer to use two fingers for it but master says its wrong. I need to use ONE finger apparently. what do you reckon? I'm the new one to Hapkido here.

OP
S

Swagmaster2993

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Well good for you. Australia is a fascinating but from what I heard, in some ways very rough place. So, getting your first black belt must've been a rite of passage for you. :)
No not really. you are born in such an environment that has you boxing kangaroos from 3 years old. :D

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
No not really. you are born in such an environment that has you boxing kangaroos from 3 years old. :D

From what I've heard about Australia kangaroos are the least of you're troubles. Supposedly they've got spiders that eat snakes, snakes that eat people, all sorts of nasty and crazy stuff.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Difficult is my definition. I prefer to use two fingers for it but master says its wrong. I need to use ONE finger apparently. what do you reckon? I'm the new one to Hapkido here.

I would guess as long as you get in and tickle an eyeball, I don't suppose it would matter. But when you place you hand under the chin, which is the most common way we use it, with you fingers in the Spock prosper sign, two fingers just seem to naturally fit into each eye socket. All you have to do then is see how much eye matter you can collect under your fingernails. :yuck:

OP
S

Swagmaster2993

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I would guess as long as you get in and tickle an eyeball, I don't suppose it would matter. But when you place you hand under the chin, which is the most common way we use it, with you fingers in the Spock prosper sign, two fingers just seem to naturally fit into each eye socket. All you have to do then is see how much eye matter you can collect under your fingernails. :yuck:
Yum :eggonface: thanks for the tip

OP
S

Swagmaster2993

Orange Belt
Reaction score
From what I've heard about Australia kangaroos are the least of you're troubles. Supposedly they've got spiders that eat snakes, snakes that eat people, all sorts of nasty and crazy stuff.
Everything you have heard is true. Just times the danger factor by 200000. :D

KenpoMaster805

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
welcome to MT i still have 2 more years before i get to balck belt im a 3rd brown right now soon to be 2nd brown on december i always test on december and i love it

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
welcome to MT i still have 2 more years before i get to balck belt im a 3rd brown right now soon to be 2nd brown on december i always test on december and i love it

Good luck. Although having progressed as far as you have, I doubt luck will play any part in it.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh you've got something more dangerous coming to Oz in November...my daughter! :DShe's small but fierce, excellent at MMA and kickboxing, strong as hell and even more sarcastic than me! She's going out for the Melbourne Cup and a couple of other races, her husband is flying to Oz tomorrow with the horses in a special plane no less, they travel better than humans and she joins him 1st Nov for a couple of weeks. She's the one who looks after the horses while they are in quarantine before they fly. The Aussies have stringent quarantine rules.
Godolphin's Euro squad set to quarantine for Melbourne

My son in law was out there last year as well and took a photo of a huge spider he saw ( doesn't like spiders much) and they were worried about snakes as horses have an instinctive fear of them.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh you've got something more dangerous coming to Oz in November...my daughter! :DShe's small but fierce, excellent at MMA and kickboxing, strong as hell and even more sarcastic than me! She's going out for the Melbourne Cup and a couple of other races, her husband is flying to Oz tomorrow with the horses in a special plane no less, they travel better than humans and she joins him 1st Nov for a couple of weeks. She's the one who looks after the horses while they are in quarantine before they fly. The Aussies have stringent quarantine rules.
Godolphin's Euro squad set to quarantine for Melbourne

My son in law was out there last year as well and took a photo of a huge spider he saw ( doesn't like spiders much) and they were worried about snakes as horses have an instinctive fear of them.
I was willing to visit Oz and risk the killer spiders, snakes, jellyfish, drop bears, and other natural hazards, but Tez offspring? Sounds like it's getting just a little too hazardous.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was willing to visit Oz and risk the killer spiders, snakes, jellyfish, drop bears, and other natural hazards, but Tez offspring? Sounds like it's getting just a little too hazardous.
Drop bears.

Drop bears are why my buds Peter and Fraser in Aus. study BJJ. ;)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
katie tug of war.jpg MT pic.jpg

My daughter in the tug of war team ( they won) and her husband in the suit. The jockey is William Buick, he was racing in Chicago a few weeks ago and had a bad fall, three broken vertebra but he's fine now and on the mend though not racing just yet.

A better pic of my daughter. It's that look lol.

1380799_10152322926265350_2140662196_n.jpg

OP
S

Swagmaster2993

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I disagree. She will fit right in! She sounds capable of defending herself from a Cassowary. Tez, does she have any experience wrangling crocs?

Tarrycat

Green Belt
Reaction score
Oh, but giving each other **** about what we do...is what we do!

Don't worry, you're not being singled out. All of us have started a thread by now that deteriorated this way.
View attachment 21022 View attachment 21023

My daughter in the tug of war team ( they won) and her husband in the suit. The jockey is William Buick, he was racing in Chicago a few weeks ago and had a bad fall, three broken vertebra but he's fine now and on the mend though not racing just yet.

A better pic of my daughter. It's that look lol.

View attachment 21024

She's gorgeous. :)

I do horse riding. NOTHING beats falling off a horse... :blackeye:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree. She will fit right in! She sounds capable of defending herself from a Cassowary. Tez, does she have any experience wrangling crocs?

I don't think she has but I doubt it will worry her lol, she is quite fearless which is great but has given her father grey hair, I'm alright... I dye mine!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She's gorgeous. :)

I do horse riding. NOTHING beats falling off a horse... :blackeye:

My daughter has come off a few times, on her own horses, only broke her arm. The worst was getting slammed against the side of a box when a racehorse had tangled his headcollar while tied up, she had to be taken to hospital with a badly brushed arm and side. Another time one of the stalls handlers had to hoick her out when the horse started bucking.

kit horse.jpg