Already a Black belt?

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations. Perhaps you could tell us something about yourself, and your journey.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Mine only cost 99 cents, how much did you pay for yours?

1969SubMarinerReumann.jpg

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk, Brmty2002. :)

What kind of Martial Art do you train?

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Have a few black belts. One is a very nice leather belt I seldom use. Only for dress up.
One is rather beat up leather I've used for years. It is a single hand release and makes an excellent flexible weapon. Mostly I use a synthetic webbed tactical black belt because of the toys I often carry.
A different belt for different occasions

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
And then, of course....

Suspenders_Pink_Dress_Shirt.jpg

Quite dashing with the pink, no?

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Mine only cost 99 cents, how much did you pay for yours?

1969SubMarinerReumann.jpg
For some people reason, the second to last paragraph in that ad is very similar to a bunch of "all natural male enhancement" products. I guess it's the confidence thing.

Last edited:
OP
S

Swagmaster2993

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I train in Karate, GKR to be specific where I earned my first dan black belt. However, I am a new member on this site where it says that I am a white belt.
I also train in Taekwondo, and Hapkido where I have only just started out.

I look forward to meeting you all,

Brmty2002.

OP
S

Swagmaster2993

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Although some have their doubts, I know the truth, and I intend to uphold it.
as people say, haters gonna hate.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Although some have their doubts, I know the truth, and I intend to uphold it.
as people say, haters gonna hate.

I think what prompted us to have a bit of fun with this thread is that we're not too hung up on belts and ranks here. In other words, very few of us care about rank. We're mostly mature adults who train because we love it, not because we love rank.

You walked in and more or less said "I'm a black belt, are you?" and left it at that. What did you think was going to happen? Did you think that was going to give you instant street credibility?

I had a black belt 15 years ago. Had to stop training. Now I'm back and started all over again just over two years ago. Doesn't make me a better person nor worse person. Doesn't make me a better or worse karateka than anyone else.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think what prompted us to have a bit of fun with this thread is that we're not too hung up on belts and ranks here. In other words, very few of us care about rank. We're mostly mature adults who train because we love it, not because we love rank.

You walked in and more or less said "I'm a black belt, are you?" and left it at that. What did you think was going to happen? Did you think that was going to give you instant street credibility?

I had a black belt 15 years ago. Had to stop training. Now I'm back and started all over again just over two years ago. Doesn't make me a better person nor worse person. Doesn't make me a better or worse karateka than anyone else.
^^^^^ this and there are many here who are BB level and above in multiple arts. As stated here that doesn't make us any better a person or martial artist than someone else...Just someone who has multiple BBs.

Latest Discussions