Alan Orr on "4 Zones"

OP
G

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
In certain arts that I have studied, momentum handling refers more to being able to side step and incoming attack (spiralling around the opponent), or absorbing the power of an attack if you get hit, as well as dissolving the incoming momentum of the opponents centre of gravity. For the most part momentum handling is an advanced cotton body / soft frame skill that most people won't be able to achieve unless they really put in the effort.

I agree that it takes a lot of work, but I don't think it's anything esoteric. Top tier guys, especially in grappling arts, all find ways to "handle" or exploit their opponent's momentum.

Bino TWT

Green Belt
Reaction score
Not really a fan of HS (we had some pretty heated discussions and when I proved him wrong with his own words, he blocked me on FB). Alan and I don't always agree either, but we are very respectful when we communicate. We have the understanding that we do things a bit different at times, and we make it work. Neither is right or wrong. And his fighters accomplishments speak for themselves.