Aiming at the pelvis...

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, but if you hit him COM and hit the spine (and he survives), you get the same result. Id hesitate to tell people to worry about "appearances" when it comes to use of force. In the same manner, I wouldnt tell somebody to try to "wound" a BG in a lethal force situation. If its a lethal force situation, you do what you have to to survive. If COM isnt working sometimes other targets are necessary.

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
"I directed my shots to the defendant/decedant's center of mass in the manner in which I have been trained until the deadly threat with which I was faced ceased. I was in fear for my life. My intention was to stop the threat in the manner in which I had been trained. "

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
dearnis.com said:
"I directed my shots to the defendant/decedant's center of mass in the manner in which I have been trained until the deadly threat with which I was faced ceased. I was in fear for my life. My intention was to stop the threat in the manner in which I had been trained. "
Exactly. Although the "real life" statement is probably closer to... "He was trying to kill me so I pointed my gun at him and started pulling the trigger until he went down. (and/or the gun went "click")". ;)

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ooooooops; forgot the civilian version:

"I'm not sure about the details; I was in fear for my life; I'd like to call my attorney now."

AC_Pilot

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Interesting discussion. This is proof enough of the need for a large capacity auto pistol (at least 10 shots, more is better) or a magnum revolver for self defense. This way you get plenty of ammo to do damage wherever you have to, without a reload. OR you do massive damage with your 5-6-7 magnum shots. Assuming proper load selection of course.

Latest Discussions