Agnostics?

Josh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Any fellow Agnostic Martial Artists ???

Just checking to see if I am alone in that area here.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Atheist here. I don't wuss out with agnosticism. JK! :)

That is one of the things I appreciate about my art, American Kenpo, is the lack of supernatural or mystical elements. I don't believe in God, what makes you think I am going to believe in mystical energy blasts or the guiding spirit of my Art's founder?

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't deny the possibility that I may be an agnostic, but I'm waiting for definitive proof.
icon10.gif

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm a political agnostic, does that count? :D

OP
Josh

Josh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Atheist here. I don't wuss out with agnosticism. JK! :)

That is one of the things I appreciate about my art, American Kenpo, is the lack of supernatural or mystical elements. I don't believe in God, what makes you think I am going to believe in mystical energy blasts or the guiding spirit of my Art's founder?

See, while I respect your point of view.. I can't go that far. I'm a soft agnostic. I believe that God might be out there. I just don't know how, or in what form. I believe that trying to understand him/her/it is pointless. The Bible, Torah, Koran (sp?) never did anything for me because if you actually read any of them.. they have some bad messages. For example my name is Joshua.. but I would not want to be like the biblical Joshua... who killed pretty much everyone in his way to the promised land.
also, "The way, the truth and the life" never worked for me either.

I'll make my own way, my own truths and my own life... thanks.

I think that organized religion and evengelicals(sp) especially are the worst.

However, I think all faiths have something to offer. I just don't believe anyone walking this earth has it all right about God 100%.

and I sure as hell (pun intended) don't believe in a God that would let his children suffer in a pit of fire forever and ever.

I keep an open mind though. Who knows, someday I might change my mind

for now, I'll keep my feet on the ground and take from each belief system that which I find useful....

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am a sceptic with an open mind. I suppose that makes me an agnostic :ultracool

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't have a name for what I believe. I guess it could be agnostic. I don't believe in a god, heaven or hell, but I think there are multiple levels of existence in the cosmos.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
See, while I respect your point of view.. I can't go that far. I'm a soft agnostic. I believe that God might be out there.

Hey that's cool, to each their own. For me, after reading and studying all the arguments, I realized that there is no real evidence that anything you might call a God exists. As a trained scientist, I couldn't make a special exception for my religious beliefs when I refused to accept propositions without evidence in every other aspect of my life. Of course, I really knew there wasn't any evidence when I still called myself a Christian, but eventually I realized I just didn't have that transcendent faith without some reason to believe.

OP
Josh

Josh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hey that's cool, to each their own. For me, after reading and studying all the arguments, I realized that there is no real evidence that anything you might call a God exists. As a trained scientist, I couldn't make a special exception for my religious beliefs when I refused to accept propositions without evidence in every other aspect of my life. Of course, I really knew there wasn't any evidence when I still called myself a Christian, but eventually I realized I just didn't have that transcendent faith without some reason to believe.

I can understand that point of view. I resepct that.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well I know two things I believe in Me and who-ever is greater than me, if that be GOD let it be if that be the ice cream man let it be we will all find out one way or another in the end.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well I know two things I believe in Me and who-ever is greater than me, if that be GOD let it be if that be the ice cream man let it be we will all find out one way or another in the end.

Hmmm....could bring a totally different dimension to Van Halen's "Ice Cream Man"

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mod Note

Thread moved to the Philosophy and Spirituality in the Arts Forum.

Pamela Piszczek
MT Super Moderator

OP
Josh

Josh

Blue Belt
Reaction score

I hope it's the ice cream man. That would be interesting.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
What I believe right now is that Empty Hands' parakeet is making me nervous staring like that.

OP
Josh

Josh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
ha, I think it's kinda cool actually.

Latest Discussions