Aging and Body Changes Questions

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
I'm probably deserve to get a couple of e-slaps and kicks in the *** for this reply, but the truth is that I'm having issues with turning 30.
Oh man, it's just a day. A day just like any other day except it has a number on it. It's no biggie. :)

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
Im 28, I don’t think turning 30 will be a big deal, im actually kinda looking forward to my 30's....my 20's have been a bit of a mess and im only just starting to get my **** together so my 30's should be rocking..

As for my body, I was never an active kid, so im probably stronger, faster and more confident now than in my teens, when I was a teenager all I did was drink. I think for (some) woman as you age you kinda grow into your body, if that makes sense, you become more of a woman rather than a girl.

The only thing to moan about is gravity :p.....oh gravity why do you taunt me?

Also, can you guys imagine what its like for woman getting use to changes in their bodies after childbirth!!

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There's only a few select women out there that have their bodies return to where they were before having children. God is just to cruel to that and as you age. My damned knee still hurt from after monday's class. :jedi1:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051024/ap_on_he_me/fit_boomer_exercise

'No Pain No Gain' May Not Be Good Advice

Aging can't be avoided, but injuries can be. And doctors say that doesn't mean all avid joggers must hang up their running shoes, or lifelong basketball players must necessarily forgo the neighborhood court — it's all about exercising smarter.
"The old adage 'no pain, no gain' should be less relevant as we age than when we're younger," Lonner said. "It's a matter of being educated in how to exercise appropriately and what signs to look out for when exercising, like muscle soreness and joint pain."
For Kozlow, the solution was to switch from strenuous weightlifting to a workout that was gentler on muscles and joints. Now he does yoga and tai chi every day, strength training with light free weights and push-ups every other day, along with isometrics and elastic resistance bands. He also walks to and from work — about a 35-block round-trip.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
jfarnsworth said:
There's only a few select women out there that have their bodies return to where they were before having children. God is just to cruel to that and as you age.

I guess I am one of those. I am now 39 and after 4 children, I'm back to basically the same weight/physical strength I had when I was in high school/college. The difference, however, is I'm not as fast and flexible as I used to be, but I sure move with more intensity.

- Ceicei

Shirt Ripper

Black Belt
Reaction score
Much of what has been described is called "nature." Nothing wrong with that. There are measures one can take to make the breakdown more pleasant. Stay strong. Flexibility is, in my opinion, the best thing anyone (not just athletes or MA) can do for quality of life through the years. A few pounds here and there? No big deal, unless your obese or overweight, don't worry about it. Most people's build changes as they age, it's nature, your structure changes, your metabolic rate changes, just adapt and move on.

And the Mifune video bignick recommended is quite impressive.

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You guys are killing me! I'm a senior citizen compared to you folks, and I am definitely getting MORE fit. It's possible, trust me.

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I definaltey am not as young and spritely like i used to be (im 34). But it gives me a good sense of accomplishment knowing that I can keep up with people half by age, as most of my MA class is half my age, so Im not doing too badly for an old bird:)

Eternal Beginner

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I wondered if anyone else has experienced "old man strength"? A lot of the younger guys in our club (late teens to mid-20's) comment that the "older" guys in their late 30's to 50's have "old man strength" and it is always a hard roll for them even if they have speed and technique.

I don't think I expressed that well...:idunno:

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I don't know about "old man strength," but I find experience and treachery goes a LOOONG way.

Of course, I'm not a man....

I'm Eowyn.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Guess I'm thinking of retiring.. at least from hitting hard objects with my feet..(probably my hands too) broke my big toe joint and chipped the bone when my kick was hard blocked by a fellow instructor Thursday night. Had the x-ray yesterday- Doc says there's a bunch of arthritis going on in my foot.. sooooo.. Getting old sucks.

Glad I got a new 8' bull whip the other day.. it may just have to be my replacement weapons ;)

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yikes! Sorry to hear about the injury, Tess. I hope it doesn't give you too much trouble.

The "Indiana Jones" route is a good way to go.

*hands Tess a fedora*

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*wicked smile.. He doesn't know me very well does he*

Fedora? Indiana Jones? uhhhhhh.. I don't think so Navarre..
Thanks for the well wishes though ~!

A bit More like this.. ;)

Attachments

• $dominatrix.jpg
    $dominatrix.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 112