Advice please

mrdaddyof3

White Belt
Reaction score
Greetings all I am new to the forum and am hoping to get some much needed advice from you. I am from Broken Arrow, OK and want to learn Silat but do not have a great selection on instructors(personality conflict) this has been a big obstacle so can someone learn from video till he finds an instructor and if so can you suggest a particular one.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greetings all I am new to the forum and am hoping to get some much needed advice from you. I am from Broken Arrow, OK and want to learn Silat but do not have a great selection on instructors(personality conflict) this has been a big obstacle so can someone learn from video till he finds an instructor and if so can you suggest a particular one.

To answer both of your questions: No, you can't learn from video and I can't suggest one.

There have been endless threads on here about this very topic.

My suggestion would be to a) wait until you're able to get to an area that offers what you're looking for or b) find another art to train in.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
To answer both of your questions: No, you can't learn from video and I can't suggest one.

There have been endless threads on here about this very topic.

My suggestion would be to a) wait until you're able to get to an area that offers what you're looking for or b) find another art to train in.
Or -- maybe consider the cause of that personality conflict. Martial arts training often involves confronting and subduing our own ego...

OP
M

mrdaddyof3

White Belt
Reaction score
I tried to get past his ego and his outlandish prices too, I met the who trained him the late and great KHUEN KHRU TERRY H. GIBSON. I met Mr.Gibson before he passed and he was one of the most humble people I have ever came in contact with. Not the same for his student who now teaches he does not embody what he was taught in my opinion it has become a buisness rather than a passion strictly money motivated and that is not what its about. I have trained in other styles and now that I'm older 35 I want something different getting picked up and slammed hurts more now than it used to and so do the leg kicks. Silat seemed like the obvious choice sound principles, and what seems to be simple movements very practacle in this day and age.

Latest Discussions