Advice for the newbs

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi everybody! :wavey: I thought that I would offer a little advice, to help you adjust to your new environment. These are a few things that I have learned since joining Martial Talk.

Just about everybody here is a nice person. Not everybody here is a perfect writer. It's extremely difficult to really "get" the emotional feeling behind a post through this medium, so take things with a grain of salt. You can't see facial expression, (although the smileys do help) and generally, if you give people the benefit of the doubt, you'll find that things run a bit smoother, and friendlier.

I personally would advise you to spend some time reading through some of the old threads. Many topics have been done, some to death, and you just might learn something there.

There are people here with a wide variety of Martial Arts experience, ranging from never even tried all the way up to very Senior Masters. They are all just people, but each will have a different take on various issues. Every poster is valued here, and all opinions welcome, provided its done in a respectable way.

Read through the forum rules, and all of the help and support threads. Know the rules, and you won't break them. If you have questions, ask.

Be prepared to become obsessed with the community that is Martial Talk.

See you around the board!

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
flatlander, you've been pinned! Are you and Kaith going steady now?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
eek2.gif

theyareontome.gif

headscratch.gif

OP
Flatlander

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Feisty Mouse said:
For all you Curious Georges out there, no, Kaith and I have decided to keep things platonic. The whole conflict of interest thing, long distance relationship issues, and, oh yeah, not gay, etc.

:moon::whip1:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Feisty Mouse said:
WAHHH..I wanted to say it..

bobquinn

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for all your support. I hope to gain alot of wisdom and fun in the proscess. It took me a week to figure out how to log in!

Bob Quinn

FJPStudent

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm Henry. I'm just here to see if anyone wants to study fu jow pai or if anyone has any questions.:)

Amazon

Green Belt
Reaction score
Great thread! Thank you very much. I am a regular to several online forums, but I have found that it is very helpful to have a thread like this.

cnash

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello, All.

A newbee... I just wanted to pop in and say hello. Found this site by accident but have been reading through the topics and getting accquainted with some of the oldies.
Pretty interesting people in here I see as well as pretty interesting topics.

Latest Discussions