Active Shooter Teenager Self Defense

Discussion in 'General Self Defense' started by Steve, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Buka

Buka Grandmaster

• MartialTalk Mentor
    I went to High School. Liked it so much I stayed an extra year! Later in life I worked in High Schools during troubled times. Still later, we used closed down schools in law enforcement training, entering, clearing and searching of buildings and all that. And the High School I attended had metal detectors all the way back in the mid seventies.

One thing I know for sure - there ain't nobody, and I mean NOBODY, who knows more about physically getting in and out of their own high school, especially the sneaking back in without getting caught than High School boys.

If you want to make High Schools more secure against intruders - involve the kids who go to those high schools. Not the Dean's List kids, but the....you know the ones. And involve them at the end of their senior year, when they won't mind sharing all their secrets, it's down time anyway. Nobody knows more about high school buildings than the teenage boys who go there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. drop bear

drop bear Sr. Grandmaster

3. drop bear

drop bear Sr. Grandmaster

CPR. you are dealing with dead people. You basically cant make the situation worse.

Combat carries?

4. Steve

Steve Mostly Harmless

Saw a video of Wil Willis, the host of Forged in Fire (an awesome game show), doing this stuff.

Quick aside, but Wil Willis would be an excellent jits coach. His break down of technique is excellent.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog MT Senior Moderator Staff Member

• LifeTime Supporting Member
    That's a fair summary of CPR...

In the context of an active shooter, CPR is useless. If someone needs CPR after being shot, it likely means you're compressing an empty heart.