Acord Kenpo Distance Learning Program

OP
M

Mark Weiser

Thanks I removed the website link in my profile and by the way just FYI here is some interesting information I have received about US COPYRIGHT LAW

First Sale Doctrine under US Copyright Law

"after the initial sale by the copyright holder-- if the product is not a sound recording or a software program, in which case other restrictions apply-- the buyer ( Assuming Mr. Acord is the buyer) can rent or resell the product, but cannot reproduce it or make drivate work from it without permission of the copyright holder.

This means Mr. Acord would have to resell the Tapes in the original Packaging directly from Mr. Tabatabi and have a disclosure in selling these tapes that these tapes are not to be reproduced without written consent from Mr. Tabatabi. Additionally Mr. Acord cannot infringe upon the intelleuctal rights of the material as his own materials as presented on E-Bay or on his website. He needs to acknowledge Master Tabatabi as the teacher and has permission to resell the tapes and use of Master Tabatabi materials.

"When I asked Mr. Tabatabi about Mr. Accord, He told me that he was not a student under him but he was surprised that Mr. Accord was selling his [tabatabi's] tapes under the accord school format.
I hope that I was of some service,
KENPOJOE"

This means Acord Studios can rent (or resell in the original packaging) these tapes to you, but you are restricted from copying these tapes this also applies to Mr. Acord as well from copying these tapes in mass and reselling them. It is a FELONY to make copies of any video tape without permission from the copyright holder, punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.

For more information about US Copyright Law visit US LIBRARY OF CONGRESS @ www.loc.gov and read Section 109 of U.S. Copyright Law.

Latest Discussions