A woman was attacked in my work parking lot today

Discussion in 'Women of the Martial Arts (Women Martial Artists)' started by kravazon, Jun 11, 2015.

1. kravazon

kravazon Yellow Belt

A coworker was attacked in our (shared) work parking lot at two in the afternoon in broad daylight. She fought him off, but it's a great reminder that you can be attacked any time, by anyone, for any reason.

Stay safe, friends!

• Like Like x 7
  2. aedrasteia

aedrasteia Purple Belt

Is she OK? I'm glad for her success. Can you tell us more?
    I like to share experiences w/good outcomes w/the girls and women in my classes. What did he do and tell us whatever you can about her 'fighting him off'. Not a MA person?
    thanks K

• Like Like x 1
  3. kravazon

kravazon Yellow Belt

Yes! The details are a little sketchy, because everything I know is from people who talked to our onsite security guards, you know?

From my understanding, she's okay. No injuries or minor injuries. I don't know if she has any training, but the security guards said she fought hard and nailed him in the groin. She yelled for help and that alerted the security guard(s). She didn't give up and that's the most important lesson any of us can take away from it.

Additionally, one security guard was attacked by the assailant with a knife while chasing him to apprehend. The security guard was taken to the hospital for non-fatal injuries. So the creeper was armed with a knife. I'm hoping to learn more tomorrow. There's definitely lessons to be learned from the experience.

I blogged about it for what few additional details I know. :)

4. Jenna

Jenna Senior Master

• MartialTalk Mentor
    Wow it sounds as if that could have ended up lot worse than it did. Thank you for posting kravazon and I hope she and the security guy are make good recovery both physically and from the trauma of it.. Wishes, Jxxxx

5. kravazon

kravazon Yellow Belt

Okay, the official report so far was that the woman suffered no physical injuries and the security guard was given medical attention at a local hospital, but he's also okay. My work was pretty vague in the email we received, but at least we know the guy was put jail and everyone walked away from the incident.

6. FF1994

FF1994 Yellow Belt

She nailed him in the groin? Did that disable him or was he not fazed by it?

7. kempodisciple

kempodisciple Master of Arts

Considering the OP hasn't been on here in over a year, the chances of you getting an answer is pretty slim.

8. FF1994

FF1994 Yellow Belt

Haha didn't notice that. Still, it's worth a shot lol.