A Sports Kickboxing Goddess Moves on...

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've been working very hard over the past few hours to confirm Lilly's death, but I've not been able to confirm this. I know that she is quite ill, however.

I don't fault anyone for posting what they've heard/read. I'm just not sure that it isn't premature.

In any event, please pray for her husband Blinky & their family & their gym family at "Heart of Champions Boxing Gym".

I'll post as soon as I have confirmation.

Tom

OP
Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been working very hard over the past few hours to confirm Lilly's death, but I've not been able to confirm this. I know that she is quite ill, however.

I don't fault anyone for posting what they've heard/read. I'm just not sure that it isn't premature.

In any event, please pray for her husband Blinky & their family & their gym family at "Heart of Champions Boxing Gym".

I'll post as soon as I have confirmation.

Tom

Al "Hot Dog" Harvey posted the first announcement I saw on kenponet.com. Al Harvey was among the early generation of karate tournament fighters from the era that had Benny Urquidez, Joe Lewis and Bill Wallace fighting in open tournaments, prior to starting kickboxing here in the U.S. He has remained close to the founding fighters.

Still, I would rather he were wrong on this one.

Dave

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Al "Hot Dog" Harvey posted the first announcement I saw on kenponet.com. Al Harvey was among the early generation of karate tournament fighters from the era that had Benny Urquidez, Joe Lewis and Bill Wallace fighting in open tournaments, prior to starting kickboxing here in the U.S. He has remained close to the founding fighters.

Still, I would rather he were wrong on this one.

Dave
Me too. I never had the pleassure of meeting her despite having crossed paths with Benny many times. He always spoke highly of her.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've spoken to my friend, Bridgett "BabyDoll" Riley (a former student of Lilly's) who has visited her in the hospital. She confirmed that Lilly died on Saturday. No news yet on the funeral arrangements.

Lilly was a class act who left a lasting impact on all who met her.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was at Lilly's funeral yesterday. There was easily 400 people there! It was a great tribute to a great lady who touched many lives.