A Revisit to USSD

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Once I heard about the $15,000 price tag there was nothing Sensei Scott could say to talk me into joining.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MODERATOR NOTE:

Please heed this moderator note from Mr. Bishop found here.

Please take the time to review the rules and regulations of MartialTalk, specifically that MartialTalk is NOT a FRAUD BUSTING FORUM.

Any libelous comments will result in the user being suspended and/or removed from the forum.

Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.

Lisa Deneka
MartialTalk Super Moderator

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
MODERATOR NOTE:

Please heed this moderator note from Mr. Bishop found here.

Please take the time to review the rules and regulations of MartialTalk, specifically that MartialTalk is NOT a FRAUD BUSTING FORUM.

Any libelous comments will result in the user being suspended and/or removed from the forum.

Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.

Lisa Deneka
MartialTalk Super Moderator

No one is busting fraud. It's only fraud if you don't get anything out of what you pay, and with their college you do get to go to classes with the Masters that are in charge of your particular territory. No fraud here...

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Out of curiosity does anyone know how much ussd's black belt tests are these days?

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
$500 is still a lot more than I think they should charge but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. I thought it would be closer to a grand.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Everyone is going to love this ... more to bash ... $500

Those not spotting the red flags here almost deserve getting ripped off. :lfao:

BB tests are frequently about $30 or free here. Schools with hand written diplomas from Japan or similar extra costs included can be $100.

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
$500 is still a lot more than I think they should charge but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. I thought it would be closer to a grand.

I actually paid it, but think it is rediculous ... who's the fool? My first black belt test was $100. Of course that was with FVSSD back in 1987.

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just had a black belt test, and promoted 2 people to black belt. Their fee? Pizza and beer for the 9 black belts on the testing board.
They paid their monthly fees, and gave me 5 years of loyalty and hard work.

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I actually paid it, but think it is rediculous ... who's the fool? My first black belt test was $100. Of course that was with FVSSD back in 1987.

FVSSD charges $250 now. USSD does charge $1000 is it's a China Trip or if they get the Monks to come out here. They like to double the price of test fees.

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
FVSSD charges $250 now. USSD does charge $1000 is it's a China Trip or if they get the Monks to come out here. They like to double the price of test fees.

Sounds like I'd have to take out a personal loan just to test.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
By comparison how much are black belt test at epak, Villaris, or other places?

The grand total income from all black belt testing done at our school in the last thirty years is: 0.0 USD. If you double that figure you will get the grand total income from all underbelt testing in the past 30 years.

Belt testing fees are often a scam guys. Sorry.

Lamont

Latest Discussions