A question for Tony Dismukes...

Maint

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
From your profile I see that you are from Lexington, Ky. Although I don't live there anymore, I was born and raised in a little town in the SE part of the state and moved away as an adult. My first experience with MA was during the karate kid era. I took Shaolin Do karate, which later in life I learned was Sin Kwan The's founded style. This isn't a fraud busting question by any means, I just wondered if you'd heard of him/the style and if it's still around. There's actually a Shaolin Do school near Charleston, Wv via Google search but I don't know if they're an affiliate or not. I know he started around the UK area and was just curious. I was probably 8 or 9 and only went for a summer.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
From your profile I see that you are from Lexington, Ky. Although I don't live there anymore, I was born and raised in a little town in the SE part of the state and moved away as an adult. My first experience with MA was during the karate kid era. I took Shaolin Do karate, which later in life I learned was Sin Kwan The's founded style. This isn't a fraud busting question by any means, I just wondered if you'd heard of him/the style and if it's still around. There's actually a Shaolin Do school near Charleston, Wv via Google search but I don't know if they're an affiliate or not. I know he started around the UK area and was just curious. I was probably 8 or 9 and only went for a summer.
Yep, Sin The and his Shaolin Do school and various affiliates are still around. I have a few friends who train or have trained in the art. Just based on the number of people I've encountered with a background in Shaolin Do, the schools must be doing reasonably well.

From what I've seen of the art, it's not a system that I would have an interest in pursuing.