A Question About Initial Blocks in the Palgwe Series

leadleg

Blue Belt
Reaction score
But do you use reverse rotation in the way I describe just above?
At the begining of taguek 8 I step forward into a backstance, left leg forward,left palm out outside middle block,right hand up fist ready to punch, immediatly switch into a front stance and reverse punch w/right hand simultaneously withdrawing the left hand to chamber. I believe this is what you mean.
In our second dan form there are many moves using what you would call reverse rotation.I just call it chambering.Look at Keumgang on you tube,I guess.But to your original palgwe I wonder if 8 at the end where you are using the sliding and twisting during the two reverse elbow hook punch would qualify?

OP
dancingalone

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
At the begining of taguek 8 I step forward into a backstance, left leg forward,left palm out outside middle block,right hand up fist ready to punch, immediatly switch into a front stance and reverse punch w/right hand simultaneously withdrawing the left hand to chamber. I believe this is what you mean.
In our second dan form there are many moves using what you would call reverse rotation.I just call it chambering.Look at Keumgang on you tube,I guess.But to your original palgwe I wonder if 8 at the end where you are using the sliding and twisting during the two reverse elbow hook punch would qualify?

Youtube seems down for me at the moment, but I'll look at Keumgang later.

In your Taegeuk 8 example, it would not qualify as reverse rotation because the shift from back stance into front stance would automatically set up the hip cocking for you. Recocking the hip as a result of 2 consecutive front stances would probably be a better example.

Latest Discussions