A Newbie

DayStar

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello Everyone.
A friend of mine (MA-Caver) invited me into this forum. I had some training in Tae Kwon Do and became Yellow Belt in a Community College in Oregon. While I was on a White Belt level, someone had commented "Don't let the white belt fool you" and called me "Xena Warrior". I must have fought pretty well during the pratice, er sparring. I was quite flattered and surprised because I didn't think I was doing a good job.
Later, during the second level, I was praticing with a white belt, he commented after class that I helped him enjoyed it because I laughed with encouragment for him to keep trying and keep going whenever he mess up now and then.
I wouldn't mind continuing the class, but for some reason I started to slack off. The teacher noticed and tried to give me motovation. Well, I couldn't continue now anymore because I moved into Utah and I got married.
That's all for now about me regarding to Martial Arts.
:boing1:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
WELCOME DayStar to Martial Talk!

Enjoy your stay!

Everyone... meet my friend ... friend... meet everyone! :D

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Any friend of MA-Caver's is a friend of mine. :asian:

Welcome aboard DayStar! So glad you joined us. :wavey:

OP
DayStar

DayStar

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the sweet welcome. I hope to find this site useful and fun to use for a long time. Just a curious question for everyone: what make you join into the martial art class or training? I signed up for Tae Kwon Do class in college merely for fun and curiosity and for exercise with a friend of mine. I enjoyed learning how to break through a piece of wood. It was amazing how it works.
:boing1:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Any friend of MA-Caver is MORE than welcome...

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the sweet welcome. I hope to find this site useful and fun to use for a long time. Just a curious question for everyone: what make you join into the martial art class or training? I signed up for Tae Kwon Do class in college merely for fun and curiosity and for exercise with a friend of mine. I enjoyed learning how to break through a piece of wood. It was amazing how it works.

Welcome, DayStar—good to have you with us!

I got into TKD because I wanted a very hard style MA for self-defense. TKD proved to be that for me, and that's how I train it: structured violence that you can use to keep yourself in one piece should the need arise. And I believe that an increasing number of people are studying it, and the traditional martial arts in general, for just that purpose.

Latest Discussions