A Message from Datu Kelly Worden

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Posted on his Facebook account and reposted with permission.

====

Hello to all the Modern Arnis practitioners and leaders attending this weekend’s Modern Arnis Family Reunion Camp, the “Time for Healing” gathering. First off I would really like to thank Datu Tim Hartman for making this event happen. Equally important are all the instructors who have joined together to make this 10 Year Anniversary of Professor Presas’ passing a time of rejoice for all he accomplished and shared with the martial arts world! Not a day goes by that I don’t reach out to Professor in my heart and soul for his gifts he shared openly and willingly to anyone from any discipline who stepped onto the training floor; his impact will be felt for generations to come. The instructors listed here, Tim Hartman, Dan Anderson, Chuck Gauss, Dieter Knuttell, Brian Zawilinski, Rick Manglinong, and Rich Parsons, are a direct reflection of that commitment and truly should be commended for their contributions to the ‘Art within your art,’ the art of Modern Arnis.

It is very disappointing that I have to announce my inability to attend this weekend. As many of you may have heard or been informed on June 27th 2011 I was involved in a motorcycle collision when a truck jumped the stop sign illegally and crossed into my lane of traffic. Briefly, I sensed something was wrong, slowed down and when I realized the truck was coming I locked up the brakes yet my Harley Davidson crashed directly into the side of the truck, slid sideways and I bounced off the side of the truck. According to the police officer on the scene, “I am lucky to be alive.” I have to agree, as did the Pastor of my church and so many friends and family members who have contacted me. Although the ambulance took me away from the scene of the accident, I later walked out of the Emergency Room and went home late that evening. Needless to say, I am still banged up and just unable to make the trip due to complications and the inability to sit for any extended period of time. I am resuming my teaching duties with limited mobility but I refuse to let this accident stop my desire and commitment to my way of life; martial arts.

I take my hat off to everyone who is in attendance and honestly wish I could join the group in this historical time of brotherhood! Please forgive my absence and make the most of the event; every teacher there has something to offer and will surely guide you closer to the truth of Modern Arnis, “The art within your art!”

Respectfully,
Kelly S. Worden

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, first and foremost, my thoughts and prayers go out to Datu Worden. Second, I'm sure, that despite the unfortunate incident to Datu Worden, as well as the, how shall I say it, others who've chosen not to be there for 'other' reasons, that without a doubt, Datu Tim as well as all of the other instructors, will be putting on a class act camp! :)

Unfortunately, due to work, I will not be able to attend, but I do look forward to hearing about it via reviews, which will no doubt, be posted, as well as some pics hopefully. :)

Latest Discussions