A fun little blade.

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Here's an Indonesian design I picked up some years back. I either got it at an Inosanto seminar or at his academy...perhaps a Suwanda seminar. I can't recall. Either way, the Mande Muda folks brought it into the country for sale.

Neat little knife. You hold it in your fist like a push-dagger and slice with it. More than one can be held. I don't know what it is called. Anybody?

I had to photoshop the pic of me holding the knife and sheath. The photographer had the camera angle so that my crotch was centered directly between my hands. For the sake of propriety, I blacked it out.

Anybody wishing to purchase the unretouched version of this photo may contact me via PM, of course.

Regards,

Steve

Attachments

• $Indobladesheath.jpg
    $Indobladesheath.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 229
  • $Indoblade.jpg
    $Indoblade.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 223

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
hardheadjarhead said:
Anybody wishing to purchase the unretouched version of this photo may contact me via PM, of course.

The check is in the mail! :lol:

Seriously, cool little knife...

Maybe someone who does indonesian arts might be able to figure out where to get one? I am not sure myself...

Paul

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Very clever little design, discreet until put into use. I'd say that's a very handy little SD weapon. Yeah, three of them on one hand, it'd be enough to make you change your name to Logan. :lol: But the results would be no less devestating.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've seen quite a few versions of this weapon. The majority I have seen with the intent of being placed between the toes in a fight, so that it can be used in conjunction with kicks usually during Hari Mau or Pamacan (Tiger) techiniques. It has taken off quite virulently in the PIs because of it's similarity to the talons of a rooster in a cock-fight, which are quite popular in the PIs. I've heard them called SABONG (tagolog), and they were based on the small knives that are strapped to the feet of the roosters when they are sent to the ring to fight.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, That's a neat blade. It reminds me of the blades they put on at "chicken fights). Works for chickens. .......Aloha

D

Drifter

Very neat. A bit reminiscient of lapel daggers, except for the way the blade faces. I imagine that would be nice for opening up the scalp, or other distractionary techniques. Of course I see the potential for a lot more
lsabre.gif

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Love the looks of that little blade.. My only question is would it be considered a push dagger by the law ( I hope not) that would cause much trouble for people in some states.
Any idea where a person could purchase some of these?

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
tshadowchaser said:
Love the looks of that little blade.. My only question is would it be considered a push dagger by the law ( I hope not) that would cause much trouble for people in some states.
Any idea where a person could purchase some of these?

That will depend on the cops opinion if he decides to take it away or not. And if it goes far enough, it will depend on who's attorney can beat up who in court.

I doubt there is anything black/white regarding this...

Paul

Silat Student

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well I emailed my Guru and he asked around. The answer that he got from some Indo folks is that they are called Kuku Macan and that they're a Kuntao weapon.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Silat Student said:
Well I emailed my Guru and he asked around. The answer that he got from some Indo folks is that they are called Kuku Macan and that they're a Kuntao weapon.

That's translated "Tiger Claw". They are a pretty common wep. through out the Malay archapeligo.