A few informatioanl corrections

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
It sounds a little like the old Japanese axium "Business is war"

Is it a shame that a martial artist has to think about such things, or is it that a martial artist can be more prepared for it if they can translate martial skills to another arena? Do you think that any of your martial arts developed thinking has helped your business sense? I think it would.

This idea of business and civil court and such is another reason that I see FMA as a conceptual/strategic art. Thinking conceptually/tactically/strategically in an effective way lets you recognize that the arena and the tools will change, but the goals and how you accomplish them may stay the same.

In my last post the idea of telling the dispatch what you want and reporting first is just another way of applying the aggressive countering style of FMA, instead of the reactive 'defensive' approach. You would probably have some good business stories that go along this line as well.

Paul Martin

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Folks,
There is alot thats been said that can be said to be implied...

There is the implication of police bullying, lawsuits, and physical threats to various persons. Some people read into comments farther than the original poster meant. Happens alot when you can't see or hear inflexions.

A few people mentioned that if I were to stop in to do some training with Dr. Barbers group that an 'accident' would happen. I have to believe that after several decades in the arts that Dr. B is above such 3rd grade mentality based actions, and that his people would have better control and skill.

Sometimes, blue is just blue.

There is also the explicit...the explicit threat of retaliation should certain individuals be harmed by other individuals. The explicit threat to end careers.

Sometimes, blue is ultra-midnight-cyan.

Seriously, where does it all end?

We can quote laws back and forth, but the reality is that its usually the person with the most $ that wins. Laws posted help us all to see how the legal system sees things, and are always of value.

People often lend an air of 'superiority' to the guys n gals who wear the badge. They forget they are just as human as the rest of us, subject to error just as we all are. I count many LEOs among my friends, advisiors and family.

This forum is not meant to be used for bullying, scheming, plotting, political stick waving and measuring, etc. Unfortunately, many individuals over the last few years have seen the need to do so. Most of them are long since departed. Read that as you may.

I read all this BS (for BS it is) and I wonder, all the keyboard warriors, waging wars of words, scheming their schemes, and such...do they have any time to train? Do they have anything of real substance to offer other than insinuation, veiled comments, and whispered threats int he dark?

Folks, I give you a spot...nothing more. You are the ones who choose to fill it as you will. I've always been told there was a rich history behind the art of Modern Arnis. I've heard many tales of Remy and many of the folks involved. I see very little of that history here. I see very little of the respect and maturity that I believe comes from a serious study of the arts.

Am I wrong? Is this all that is left of Remy Presas' legacy? A bunch of shallow individuals, electronically measuring their 'sticks' on an internet forum? Poor Remy...he wasted his life it seems.

Am I wrong? Purhaps I study the wrong art. I'm certain that others see all the petty posturing that goes on and think 'Not for me..too many stupid people'. I'm certain because they've told me.

Is this what y'all really want?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tgace
MAN everybody chill! I post a section of the NYS penal law and look what happens (by the way it is a direct quote, you can find it at http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?cl=82 if you doubt me). If people feel "intimidated" by reading it that's their issue not mine as I wasnt pointing it at anybody in particular in the first place.

Here lets change the topic....heres another piece of NYS Law.

ARTICLE 35
Defense of justification
S 35.15 Justification; use of physical force in defense of a person.
1. A person may, subject to the provisions of subdivision two, use physical force upon another person when and to the extent he reasonably believes such to be necessary to defend himself or a third person from what he reasonably believes to be the use or imminent use of unlawful physical force by such other person, unless:
(a) The latter`s conduct was provoked by the actor himself with intent to cause physical injury to another person; or
(b) The actor was the initial aggressor; except that in such case his use of physical force is nevertheless justifiable if he has withdrawn from the encounter and effectively communicated such withdrawal to such other person but the latter persists in continuing the incident by the use or threatened imminent use of unlawful physical force; or
(c) The physical force involved is the product of a combat by
agreement not specifically authorized by law.

I find sub (b) and (c) interesting. (b) says "you have no "right" to start a fight but if you do start the fight and at some point say "stop I give" and the other guy keeps on coming, you now have the "right" to use force to defend yourself".
(c) says "if you have a mutual fight youre bolth in trouble".

Tgace,

Thank you for the follow up post linking in the law.
:asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rocky
Not sure if I have the right person, but Bob I beleave the owner of this fine forum.

Yes, Bob Hubbard owns the board--lock, stock, and barrel. Thes rest of us are just volunteer helpers.

We have in the past received threats of lawsuits and (e-mail) communication from lawyers--Yes, real lawyers--over matters posted on the board (not necessarily in this forum). It comes with the territory.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not sure if I have the right person, but Bob I beleave the owner of this fine forum. ( by the way all kidding a side you have done a hell of a job) But!!!! the way the laws are now a days some dirt bag lawyer, (Like mine;) ) might want to see how deep your pockets are when Master Anderson losses his mind some day and flys out here to Michigan and kicks my ***, because I called him "OLD" one to many times:D .

Heh. Rocky, my pockets are so shallow, snakes look down on em. MartialTalk is at best a break-even operation. Heh...the best any lawsuits gonna get outta me is an 84 Buick wagon, and some pocket lint. :rofl:

BTW: The buicks for sale. LOL!

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
...when Master Anderson losses his mind some day and flys out here to Michigan and kicks my ***, because I called him "OLD" one to many times:D . Rocky

Beat y'all to it far too long ago to lose my mind over it now. Only 7 shopping days to go til my birthday (51st).

Yours,
Dan Anderson

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dan Anderson
Beat y'all to it far too long ago to lose my mind over it now. Only 7 shopping days to go til my birthday (51st).

Yours,
Dan Anderson

What size artificial hip do you wear??:D

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dan Anderson

Yours,
Dan Anderson

Are you trying to tell us something?:confused: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Paul,
Were I Jack Benny I'd be 39 again. :shrug:

Puree the cake? That's the kind of monitarily cheap thinking I'd expect from Renegado. Gifts - expensive gifts! Pay homage to having had the wonderfulness of experiencing the glory that is me! :D

Chad,
Have you sent the digital camera yet? Waiting. :confused:

Very few shopping days left (including postal time).

Yours,
Moi

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes Dan, the camera came today. Will have to charge it and break it in. It will remain a fond remembrance of your birthday. If I decide to pick up something else in your honor I will forward a photo or two
:D

OP
R

Rocky

I'd buy him a cake, but with all those candles the damn thing would set off the fire alarms. A three alarm fire:rofl:

Rocky

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Youse guys are berry, berry funny. Cheap but berry, berry funny.
:rofl:

Old Man Dan

PS- There's still time for you to repent on your cheap ways and buy me something expensive but please, no framed 8 X 10 photos of Renegado in swim trunks. Some things should never be done.

Tapps

Green Belt
Reaction score
Wow !

Just catching up on this thread ... it seems to be a first class pissin' match.

Just the image of all these bad *** dudes hunting and pecking violently over a keyboard gives me a chuckle.

Since we've gotten into posting laws here maybe someone should find local fire codes BEFORE anyone lights the candles on Anderson's cake.

:D :D :D :D :D

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
(You may sing along if you like)

Heppy Burpsday to me
Hoppy birdsdale to me
Hippie barstool to themostwonderfulfellayoucouldeverfigurewouldcommitblasphemybydoingMA80eventhoughkellywordendon'tlikehimnomore
Hoagie bopsday to me:D

51 and still counting but no longer still waiting for you cheap bastards to send me highly expensive gifts. And no, even an autographed picture of Renegado in speedo swim trunks will not make up for the lack of expensive things I can hock at a later time.

Older but wiser,
Dan Anderson

Latest Discussions