"A brain in each hand"

Pittsburgh Arnis

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi,
Recently I was reading an FMA Informative issue on Serrada Escrima. The article nicely described the training methods. One goal of the training is to develop both sides of the body such that the parrying hand has a mind of its own. While this idea is a common theme among different styles of FMA, I thought the idea of having a "brain in each hand" was a great way for the author to provide a mental image.

Although I don't train Serrada Eskrima, I thought this topic might make for a nice discussion. So let's talk about ways or training methods to achieve a "brain in each hand."

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Play the drums. It's called independence. You want each limb doing its own thing.
Personally I don't think a Brain in each hand is truly possible. Meaning that each hand could be completely independent and free to react and respond in any possible way. I do believe that you can gain left ,right independent actions if you have a set number of reactions.
Therefore all you need to do is practice different reactions on each hand simultaneously.

Latest Discussions