81 year old lady foils bank robbers escape plan with an elbow

Discussion in 'Women of the Martial Arts (Women Martial Artists)' started by atigernamedkoolaid, Nov 4, 2003.

1. A real meaning to the phrase "my grandmother hits harder than that!"

This past Holloween night my grandmother was filling her car up with gas. Meanwhile a few blocks away in the outskirts of Richmond Virginia, a bank robber escapes from the BB&T bank with the police hot on his trail. He ran to the gas station where my grandmother was filling up her Crown Victoria. As she reached in the front seat to get her purse to pay for the gas, the bank robber came up behind her and shoved her into the car screaming "Im taking your car". Unexpectedly, my grandmother proped herself up turned and elbowed the man in the face knocking him to the ground and saying "no you are not". By that time a policeman arrived and pulled a gun on the robber and told him to get on the ground. Within seconds other police officers arrived as well. My grandmother was a little shaken up after the event, however she was not hurt. She helped the police save the day as well as her own life. She said that the man did not really push her that hard. He highly underestimated the strength and courage of a little old lady.

My grandmother is only about 5'2" tall and is obviously not built for hard labor anymore and has never had any self defense training in her life, but she can sure kick butt when she wants to. I say great job grandma, now she can be an inspiration to many women besides me.

2. Kroy

Kroy Guest

Glad to hear that your grandma wasnt hurt. Too bad they didnt catch that on a security camera.

3. pknox

pknox Guest

Good for her! I'm sure the guy won't be bragging about that one to his fellow inmates. ;)

4. theletch1

theletch1 Grandmaster

• MartialTalk Fan
    • Martial Talk Alumni
    That is OUTSTANDING!!! Way to go grandma! Beyond the fact that the perp figured he had just found a fully gassed up and ready to go get away car he probably thought he had a push over for a victim. As Gomer Pyle would say "Surprise, surprise, surprise!":D

5. kenpo12

kenpo12 Guest

hhahahahah

Don't mess with grandma!

6. LadyDragon

LadyDragon Guest

Thats the way to get'em down GRANDMA'. I'm sure that guy is goning to think twice before trying something like that again.

And as for Grandma, I think she deserves lots of love, and a heck of an award for her unknown ability.

7. Ceicei

Ceicei Grandmaster

• MartialTalk Fan
    • MartialTalk Mentor
    Gotta love that!!!! She's my kind of hero!

-- Ceicei

8. Shodan

Shodan Master Black Belt

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing this story!! Glad your Grandma was unharmed........and good for her!!

:asian: :karate:

9. Nightingale

Nightingale Senior Master

• Martial Talk Alumni
    WOOT!!! GO GRANDMA!!!!!