72-Year-Old Teaches Pickpocket a Lesson

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Link. There seem to be a lot of criminals choosing bad targets lately. Not sure what FoxNews means by "Ex-Marine", though. Last I heard, there was no such animal. ;)

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Bill Barnes says he was scratching off a losing $2 lottery ticket inside a gas station when he felt a hand slip into his front-left pants pocket, where he had $300 in cash.
He immediately grabbed the person's wrist with his left hand and started throwing punches with his right, landing six or seven blows before a store manager intervened.
"I guess he thought I was an easy mark," Barnes, 72, told The Grand Rapids Press for a story Tuesday.
He's anything but an easy mark: Barnes served in the Marines, was an accomplished Golden Gloves boxer and retired after 20 years as an iron worker.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great for the FORMER Marine! It always brings a smile to my face when I hear of someone seeing a well aged citizen as an easy target and having the tables turned on them.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well done indeed

Just goes to show that one is never to old to try to protect them slef

with this gentelmans back ground I would say the criminal picked the wrong person. 20 years as an iron worker would make for a strong person even at age 70

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well done indeed

Just goes to show that one is never to old to try to protect them slef

with this gentelmans back ground I would say the criminal picked the wrong person. 20 years as an iron worker would make for a strong person even at age 70

Yep....

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I love it! Serves the loser right. Maybe it will make others think twice before stalking the "weak".

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
My Great Uncle Walter worked for Standard Oil for 30 years lugging large sections of pipe from point A to point B. Strong as an ox. He had a similar event, except he picked the guy up by his shirt, held him off the ground, and lectured him about responsible manners and clean living. 82 years old at the time, I think.

Love hearing about the oldsters gettin' it done.

Dave

Latest Discussions