70 year-old man kills two assailants

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Didn't a thread/story about this occur a few months ago??

No sound on the video anyway... yes, my hearing aid is working.

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
MA-Caver wrote:
yes, my hearing aid is working
Hmmm sound works for me MA-Caver…dunno...perhaps put the hearing aid into the ear? :wink1:

KenpoTex
Thanks for posting the link to the Video. Nice shooting and tactics by the gentleman. Both his training and the strength that comes when protecting others served him well. I hope that he and his wife recover completely and have no negative repercussions from this incident. I do not think it was wise stating how and where he carries and stating that the police now have his firearm. I hope that he has more than one. God bless him and his wife and my prayers go to the families of the deceased armed robbers.

Regards
Brian King

OP
KenpoTex

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
I do not think it was wise stating how and where he carries and stating that the police now have his firearm.

The reason I posted the link was because of his mindset and the way he handled the situation. However, I do agree that he was doing a lot more talking than was prudent.

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
While bouncing I had seen more than one idiot talk himself into police custody as well as good guys get themselves into trouble from the run the mouth syndrome. It is something to remember after facing/witnessing a traumatic stressful event this almost uncontrollable need to talk and to keep talking. It can be recognizable and is avoidable as well as exploited for your own benefit.

Again thanks for the link. He did well under the circumstances. His talking to the press might be proactive PR to head off negative community reactions and to pressure the DA, which might be the right thing to do depending on the politics of his community.

Regards
Brian King

Latest Discussions