Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Neat! Thanks for the link. :)

Robyn
xmas-smiley-016.gif

charyuop

Black Belt
Reaction score
I had seen it in the past, but I don't know if it is that good. I was looking for a demo downloable and I couldn't find it. The hands and feet seem not really detailed, thus in the end it wouldn't be that great help.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think my father-in-law was looking into this software. It seems awesome!
SEEMS Awesome? No, it IS awesome. If the program does what I think it does (hey there's one for TKD-ers too :D ) then you can pause and step back and watch again and again... then say to yourself... ohhhhh that's how they do it! What a great in-home training tool. I'd imagine that eventually there'll be one for every art; Kenpo (EPAK and Tracy), MT, MA, WC and so on.
charyuop said:
I had seen it in the past, but I don't know if it is that good. I was looking for a demo downloable and I couldn't find it. The hands and feet seem not really detailed, thus in the end it wouldn't be that great help.
I would think that this program is still probably in a BETA type version and that more detailed anatomy would come out in later versions, still for what it can do the potential for teaching beginner to intermediate belts is far reaching. A student can study it repeatedly at home and then fine-tune the techniques with their instructor during classes.

:D Very neat... great find Brian!

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just might have to get this. Thanks for the link Brian!

charyuop

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have found on youtube this little demo, just few seconds...up to you to judge it...

Last edited by a moderator:

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi

It's cool, but I would love to hear from somebody who used this activaly, and how it hade influenced there Aikido.

/Yari

charyuop

Black Belt
Reaction score
In my opinion this program should be used by a rather experienced Aikido practicioner. In my regular class, Sensei come close to us and corrects our techniques with many little details: like for example tiny little pressure or pushing direction to start a technique which otherwise couldn't be seen, reposition us according to the Uke position and so on.
For a beginner like me just telling me slide back, tenkan then do this technique is not enough. A real beginner needs a Sensei near him that helps him understand misubi and how to interact with Uke technique per technique and even for the same technique each time you do it.
Once you understand how to interact well with Uke's body and movements then and only then Aikido 3D can be a useful tool to use.

Just my 2 cents...

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think everyone would agree with you on that. Definately you need a teacher. However an aid like this in conjunction with proper training could be a good use to some.

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used this software to compliment there training. I like the idea of of the 3D modeling, I guess there may have been on to something before YouTube came along.

Latest Discussions