30-story building built in 15 days - Hunan Province China

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very cool, but misleading or even straight out dishonest to claim it was built in 15 days. It's obviously a modular, and it was assembled in 15 days, not built.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Very cool, but misleading or even straight out dishonest to claim it was built in 15 days. It's obviously a modular, and it was assembled in 15 days, not built.

Also take into account the can and do work construction sites in China 24 hours a day and there is really no such thing as OSHA or safety standards for workers

But the way the can work there it coudl have been 15 days, build the foundation while you start building the modular sections and continue to build them as they put up the building. Again consider a 24/7 work day.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
when I was in China in 2008, we stayed in a brand new highrise hotel built in part to encourage tourism in that area. The place wasn't even finished yet. The rooms we used looked nice, but when you started to notice the details, there were some serious issues. Like drainage issues in the showers and bathroom floors. SOme of that stuff looked like it was slapped together by a blind guy.

I shudder to wonder what kind of problems a building like this might have.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
But, it served your purpose. :)

Or at least until the next strong wind blows through.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Also take into account the can and do work construction sites in China 24 hours a day and there is really no such thing as OSHA or safety standards for workers

But the way the can work there it coudl have been 15 days, build the foundation while you start building the modular sections and continue to build them as they put up the building. Again consider a 24/7 work day.
My question was what kind of safety standards, i.e., building codes are there in China?

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My question was what kind of safety standards, i.e., building codes are there in China?

I don’t know exactly, but they are not as strict as the USA. I also found this story about the building
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/03/chinese-company-builds-30-story-hotel-in-15-days/

Critics, however, question the safety the building, pointing to the lack of oversight and pace at which it went up.

And I found this

http://construction.com/InternationalCenter/AsktheExperts/ask_121703.asp

Latest Discussions