3 Year Old Accidently Left Behind At Airport

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Israeli parents forget daughter at airport

2 hours, 53 minutes ago

JERUSALEM - An Israeli couple going on a European vacation remembered to take their duty-free shopping and their 18 suitcases, but forgot their 3-year-old daughter at the airport, police said Monday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080804/ap_on_re_mi_ea/odd_israel_home_alone
Home Alone in real life? Fine if it's a 8 or a 9 yr. old I guess but a 3 yr old baby? Parents are damned lucky this child was found by authorities and not some chance perv that just happened to be at the airport.

The child, accompanied by an airline staffer, took the next flight to Paris where she was safely reunited with her parents.
Rosenfeld said police would question the couple when they return from vacation, on suspicion of parental negligence.
I dunno if it can rightly be called negligence though it was irresponsible to not ensure that all the children were aboard with them before the flight left. With a 3 yr. old, one would think that at least one of the older kids would help out or that the mum would definitely be keeping a closer eye on it. Still, stress, frantic hurrying to catch the plane, trying to get through security crowds and so on.
Damn lucky parents is all I can say.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I saw this article, the first thing that came to my mind was the movie "Home Alone." Well, in this case, the child wasn't left at home, but in the airport. 18 pieces of luggage!!! Who travels with that amount? Nobody that I know. And the thing thats most important, in this case their child, they leave behind!!!

Hey, I've gone on many trips, and there have been a few when I was racing to get to the gate, but I didn't forget about my wife. How the hell do you forget about someone?

Latest Discussions