2007 NY MartialTalk Meet & Greet

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks Bob, that helps very much! :)

Actually, I was kind of wondering how the locals reacted to the egyptian head dress too....

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh yeah....just to be clear (probably a stupid question), are shoes required at all? Is barefoot good in the gym?

I know that street shoes aren't, just wanted to be sure!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So...look for this happy face
bob3.jpg

Possibly wearing one of these macho baby blue shirts
shirt.jpg

Please note, I do not look that good in it, and I will not be wearing a skirt.

:D

I will sleep better knowing that..

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
18 and 1/2 hrs to go, but since I am not a math kind of person it's just a guesstimate...

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh yeah....just to be clear (probably a stupid question), are shoes required at all? Is barefoot good in the gym?

I know that street shoes aren't, just wanted to be sure!
AFAIK

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Unfortunately KenpoJoe won't be able to make it this time around. :(

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll we gotta do is load the SUV and drive..See you all tomorrow...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"Eastbound and down loaded up and trucking", as the old song goes..Full crafe of coffee and the CB locked on Ch 19 so I'm good to go...Buffalo here we come...

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I just got that call, so I'm headed in to work this morning. Hopefully I'll be done soon. I doubt I'll make it there tonight though... :(

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"Eastbound and down loaded up and trucking", as the old song goes..Full crafe of coffee and the CB locked on Ch 19 so I'm good to go...Buffalo here we come...

...and we'll be here waiting for you... got in last night—pretty easy drive from Columbus, actually, just a little roadwork congestion on 90 in NY—am going off this morning to Niagra Falls, will be back at the hotel in the later afternoon...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I just got that call, so I'm headed in to work this morning. Hopefully I'll be done soon. I doubt I'll make it there tonight though... :(

That rea;;y sucks....We''ll have a beer waiting for you...

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
...and we'll be here waiting for you... got in last night—pretty easy drive from Columbus, actually, just a little roadwork congestion on 90 in NY—

Hmmmmm, I'll be making that trip on Thursday of next week and I turn north at Columbus. Glad to hear that the way was smooth!

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Finally made it! It was good to meet everyone in the lobby - too bad the bar was closed though.......

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Event is now officially over....I'm beat, long fun weekend.
Unofficial headcount is 30+ in attendance....out biggest M&G yet!

More info, and a ton of pics coming shortly. :)

Now, I nap. :D

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow what a great turnout
can hardly wait for the full report and the pics

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
2007 Buffalo NY MartialTalk Meet & Greet
August 3-4, 2007: Buffalo NY

Well, this years event has come to a close. We had 34 attendees, making this our largest event ever. People came from Massachusetts, Texas, Michigan, West Virginia, Ohio, Ontario and more this year. My mind is as usual, fried right now, so I'll just touch on the high lights of this years event. :)

Friday night we met up at the hotel before heading out to Pizza Plant for some local cuisine, then back to the hotel for more relaxed networking.
Saturday was the official training day. I want to thank this years instructors for their time and wonderful sessions.

We started things out with Terry & Yolanda Stoker from Texas, who ran everyone through some interesting warm ups and techniques that they use in their school. They were followed by Daniel Tesmer (Drac) & Steven Fine (Father Greek) from Ohio who demonstrated some of the techniques police use to control a subject, and did some Combat Hapkido. Third up was local Wing Chun instructor Mark Stoddard who went over some of the techniques and concepts of Wing Chun. Forth was Tom Quinn from NY who did some excellent Nihon Goshin Aikido. Fifth was Rich Parsons from Michigan who taught Modern Arnis, Sixth was Jason Arnold from Ontario, Canada who taught Parkers Kenpo, and we closed out with Jack Latorre who did Pekiti Tirsia.

After a short break where several of us helped dismantle the training floor and move it to the schools new location, we headed out to the buffet for crab, sushi and more. Then, back to the hotel where the last person didn't head to bed until after 1am.

From what I've seen and heard so far, this was our best M&G yet. I personally want to thank each and everyone who came for making this a huge success! It was a pleasure finally meeting so many of you and seeing others again.

If you missed it, you missed some excellent training and comradery, but don't despair. We're doing it again next year and you can schedule early. :)

The 2008 MartialTalk-KenpoTalk-FMATalk-WNYMartialArts Meet & Greet will be held July 18,19,20th 2008 in Buffalo NY. We have 2 tentative instructors already listed for next year as well. Jason Arnold and Jack Latorre. So mark your calendars now!

I'm editing the pictures now, and should have them posted by mid week. (400+ to go through, lol)

Thank you again!

Attachments

• $composite.jpg
    $composite.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 236