1st shoot involving horses

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
holy quacamole, they have a lot of people on the roster! (the place looks nice)

It's one of the top ones in the world, has a lot of the Saudi horses and rich owners to please though. A lot of the young horses are sent to Dubai to over winter and be trained up, my daughter spent a year there doing that. Horses are sent to run in America, Australia and throughout Europe, he has millions of pounds in prize money. Tempted to come over?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's one of the top ones in the world, has a lot of the Saudi horses and rich owners to please though. A lot of the young horses are sent to Dubai to over winter and be trained up, my daughter spent a year there doing that. Horses are sent to run in America, Australia and throughout Europe, he has millions of pounds in prize money. Tempted to come over?

They wouldn't let me muck stalls there....but I know where to point that camera at! ;)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They wouldn't let me muck stalls there....but I know where to point that camera at! ;)

You wouldn't muck out, they've got people for that lol it's just riding out! They even have people working at night because the horses also get fed during the night as well.

Racehorse photography is popular, owners love having pics of their horses.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tez, I love how the light is reflecting off the horse's coat in #3. It highlights not only how well the horse is cared for, but also their stunning musculature :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You wouldn't muck out, they've got people for that lol it's just riding out! They even have people working at night because the horses also get fed during the night as well.

Racehorse photography is popular, owners love having pics of their horses.

LOL, well, they certainly would not put me on one. they want GOOD riders, not ballast ;)

yep, owners like pictures!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pictures don't show how air headed they are though lol!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The owners or the horses?

Horses lol! Normal thing when a horse runs off with you aim it at a wall etc, these horses will run straight into wall, honestly!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Horses lol! Normal thing when a horse runs off with you aim it at a wall etc, these horses will run straight into wall, honestly!

We had one guy in the area back home, he had built a jump in front of a wall....special case that one was tho.....

(the horses just got the bay sillies.... ;))

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not always pleasant though!

2170_49475297854_4079_n.jpg

This is Kate and Always Brave

234_13603294950_2053_n.jpg

251_16713439950_8693_n.jpg

The tongue again!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's a racer, tongue doesn't matter! ;)

Riding in the snow can be fun (as I remember, from over 20 years ago...the few days that I had to bother with it...:p)

I was about to line myself a shoot up at a rodeo, but somehow my in has turned loon....
The guy works with my husband and started something that blew up in his face and he got a in a snit over it....not to mention he is one of those people who does not listen to Motown on principle....:eek: the N****** music, you know.....
but good grief...hating Motown is like hating music!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
keeping this on topic:
A lady on that horse forum had this question:
I have recently been told by an administrator of a facility that has horses, that if I want to sell any photos taken at that public venue (you have to pay to get in, but it's owned by a government agency), that I need written permission from the administration. This is a tourist attraction in Canada. Any insights?

and since we are linking horse pictures for Bob:
http://valerie-kirkwood.fineartamerica.com/

Shkat

White Belt
Reaction score
You are looking so bold and beautiful. I must say that i did not watch your horse at all because i can't take my eyes away from your face you beautiful lady.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The second shot captures a moment very well! Looks like the lighting is an issue out there. If she was inexperienced so action shots weren't viable, these were good choices. Maybe a close-up with just their heads, her leaning in?