18yo Sues Parents

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://gma.yahoo.com/rachel-canning...chool-192643568--abc-news-parenting.html?vp=1

A New Jersey family court judge ruled today that Rachel Canning's parents do not have to pay her high school tuition after she sued them to cover her schooling and living costs. The judge delayed a ruling on whether the parents must pay the 18-year-old student's college tuition while asking lawyers to consider whether it's wise to "establish precedent where parents live in fear of establishing rules of the house?"
The judge also denied her request for weekly allowance and additional financial support including attorney fees.
The next hearing is scheduled for April 22.

As always, I'm sure there are things that we don't know, but on face value, this girl is acting like a little *****! Amazing how kids always seem to think that their parents are responsible for them forever. When this kid turns 21, she'll still probably seek financial support from mom and dad.

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
Agreed. Everything I have, I've worked for and I moved out - of my own accord - when I was 17.
My mom owes me nothing and she's my best friend.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It doesn't help that her squeeze's daddy is an attorney and bankrolling the whole mess.

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm sorry but if my kids ever came off like that their crap would be out on the lawn so fast it would make their heads spin.

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
The sense of entitlement from this upcoming generation is just plain frightening.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wait til you try supervising some of them...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wait til you try supervising some of them...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
I was just thinking that when I read his post. There is such a sense of entitlement from our new guys its sickening I wondered if it was just my department or was it wide spread. I've heard more "why do I have to do that" or "this is BS I shouldn't have to do that" in the last 2 to 3 years from rookies then my whole life prior to that combined.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We've got a really good group of young people working with us. Four [paid] interns; two part time and two full time. Very good attitude and ethic.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was just thinking that when I read his post. There is such a sense of entitlement from our new guys its sickening I wondered if it was just my department or was it wide spread. I've heard more "why do I have to do that" or "this is BS I shouldn't have to do that" in the last 2 to 3 years from rookies then my whole life prior to that combined.

We've got some good ones... but we've got a few... Rooks expecting varous perks that guys who have uniforms older than some of these guys aren't getting... Y'know... heaven forbid you put some time in and pay some dues. It's come up in every supervisor school I've been to in the last few years... That or they NEED to hear that they did good, etc. It's not good enough that the report wasn't kicked back -- you need to tell them it was good.