111 degree weather.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Is there a way I can train and not practically have a near death experience. Every time I try I get overheated and begin to vomit and uh, the other vomit with dizziness and fainting.

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's 90 degrees at night. Not much better.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not really either do it or don't your choice. I'm not criticising if you don't because it's been 30 here and that was extremely hot for me but if it's making you suffer then don't do it. You wouldn't be the only one to take a few nights off in the heat most gyms get very empty during summer

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Train smart. Extreme heat can be dangerous. Being extra diligent about hydration and electrolytes is extremely important, but sometimes it just is not worth the risk. Sometimes you sit this one out.

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not really either do it or don't your choice. I'm not criticising if you don't because it's been 30 here and that was extremely hot for me but if it's making you suffer then don't do it. You wouldn't be the only one to take a few nights off in the heat most gyms get very empty during summer

I know what you mean, I just hate not being able to train. Sifu told me to not come by because how sick I got until it starts to cool down, but that's only the dojo.

I hate not being able to do anything but I guess I just have to accept it for the time being.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Start pre-hydrating early, hours before your workout. If you try to catch up on fluids after the workout starts you won't be able to absorb it fast enough. (You still need to drink fluids during the workout, but you want a surplus in your system before you start.)

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
My instructor says that when it's hot, make the most of it and do lots of stretching and save the "heavy" workout stuff for when it's colder.

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Is there somewhere like a gym that has AC where you could practice while it's so hot? Practicing outside in 116F heat seems dangerous.

cfr

Black Belt
Reaction score
I trained in a garage twice this week when it was 115. As others have said you need to hydrate well in advance. We also trained slower/ with less intensity than normal -- this is key. Of course this is all going to vary from person to person (age, weight, etc).

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I live in Vegas so training in the intense heat is nothing new. As other's have mentioned hydrate before your workout and during it as well. Match the intensity to the conditions. Also get checked out by your physician just to be on the safe side.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Is there a way I can train and not practically have a near death experience. Every time I try I get overheated and begin to vomit and uh, the other vomit with dizziness and fainting.
111 deg? wow is hot, where are you in the world? You do not have your cooler on?? Is 95 here I could not lift a finger without the air con on max.. please be careful to be hydrated and please do pay attention to your body signals if you are going hard in that heat :) x

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're overheating. There's no good way I know of to avoid that while working really hard in high heat. When I was in Phoenix, it was 110-115 during the day. I got up while it was still dark in the morning and ran - 87 degrees is still hot, but not nearly as dangerous.

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
111 deg? wow is hot, where are you in the world? You do not have your cooler on?? Is 95 here I could not lift a finger without the air con on max.. please be careful to be hydrated and please do pay attention to your body signals if you are going hard in that heat :) x

California, the central valley. We moved here from the coast line and that was a stupid mistake.

Latest Discussions