Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Women kick testicles

Martial Talk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Women kick testicles

Do women like kicking/punching men in the testicles when they are attacked by men? What's the most effective and/or dangerous technique for crushing testicles?

Martial Talk
    Senior Master

1,000 Post Club
    Thanks

Re: Women kick testicles

I don't think most people *enjoy* kicking someone in the groin. And it is not always the most effective way of stopping someone from attacking you. You might want to consider alternative methods of self-defense to add to a groin-strike arsenal.
    A harvest mouse goes scampering by,
    With silver claws and silver eye;
    And moveless fish in the water gleam,
    By silver reeds in a silver stream.
    -Walter De La Mare

Martial Talk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Well in Kajukenbo we have many defense techniques that involves a kick or a punch in the groin area. I think is not the fact that I like it or not. I think it works and you have to add in the defense other combinations of kicks or punchs to make it more effective.

Martial Talk
    Senior Master

1,000 Post Club
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DANNY
    Do women like kicking/punching men in the testicles when they are attacked by men?
    No, if I had to kick/strike a guy there, it would be to defend myself, not a like or dislike.

What's the most effective and/or dangerous technique for crushing testicles?
    Well, if you are a guy and have had them hit in class, any strike is dangerous to the reproductive capabilities down the line in life. Kicks, knees, punches, hammer fist, knife, hand twists are all in the self defense repertoire for that area of the body. TW
    The pursuit of the truth shall set you free ~ even if you never catch up with it.
    Quitters Never Win, Winners Never Quit, But Those Who Never Win AND Never Quit Are Idiots

Martial Talk
    Sr. Grandmaster

10,000 Post Club
    Thanks

A groin strike/kick is not the end all to warding off an attack, dispite the hollywood versions of the technique(s). They are novel for stopping at the moment but as pointed out they are not going to always stop an attacker. It might even piss them off further.
    Groin strikes/kicks are only a part of a series of techniques not just one final solution.
    A nation of sheep will get a government of wolves. ~Edward R. Murrow
    Really smart wolves know that the most suspicious looking wolf in the pack is the one disguised as a sheep. Really smart wolves disguise themselves as friendly wolves. ~Daniel Quinn (from The Story Of B)
    Check out http://caughtinabindnovel.blogspot.com/ if you're into zombie stories. Leave comments please.

goshawk Guest

I don't like sacking guys. Done it in sparring a few times by accident, felt like a complete heel as a result. If someone attacked me...well, let's just say I might enjoy it a bit more. But still. It's a vicious thing to do.

I'm not sure I'd use a groin-strike as a primary attack. Over the years I've found that men are really good at defending their groins. As a brief example, I (allegedly, allegedly) attempted to knee a friend of mine in my sleep while camping this past week. I highly doubt he was in a state of readiness to defend himself, but he avoided it handily. Imagine how much less likely you'd be to land that when the guy is in a confrontational situation, expecting attack. Probably especially a groin attack, coming from a woman.

That said? I might use that flinch reaction to set up an entirely different strike, or set up the groin strike with something first. It's certainly effective for giving yourself a few seconds to maybe breathe, land a decisive hit, or run the hell away.
    Technically speaking...ridgehands, knees, scoop-kicks. Then there's Squealing Tiger--whoops, I mean Kneeling Tiger. Left hand grabs and pulls out, right backfist comes down on top. Squishy. Leaves you open to whatever his hands are doing, so better hope he's off-balance. Doubt you'd have to worry after the move was completed, though.

Martialscientist Guest

I know it has been said before, but groin is small target "which moves". If you aim there, you can miss. I had a few street fights in my life. People who tried to kick me or knee me there, either missed or did not hurt me. Thus I do not believe in that area as the best target.
    Knees, neck, eyes are the preference.
    Wow, I am talking like a girl! lol

Martial Talk
    Senior Master

1,000 Post Club
    Thanks

Like the other replies, groin strikes aren't what I like to do. I'd kick at the legs. I would knee if I knew I had a good shot, but I'd follow up with something else.

Martial Talk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

My own art is more likely to be a strike there than a kick. But it's not an ending move. We use it to drop a guy closer down, bend him over, and prepare him for the real stomping.

I've racked my practice partner before. I felt bad, but he assured me that he doesn't plan to have kids.

Enjoy it? No.

M
    MoRgaN

"When your sword meets that of your enemy, you can never waver, but must instead attack with the complete resolution of your whole body."
    -Miyomoto Musashi, A book of five rings

CrankyDragon Guest

Dohno the answer to that one, but I do know Ill nut knock ya in a hurry if Im planning to be sucessfull in a real world situation.

proud beginner Guest

Push the head up, with palm on nose for example, the bad guy will open his legs as a reflex and, while he's not anymore able to see downside, knee his balls.

Then, say "Oh, I'm sorry, I hope it doesn't hurt." And go away...

Martial Talk
    Senior Master
    1,000 Post Club
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goshawk
    <snip> Then there's Squealing Tiger--whoops, I mean Kneeling Tiger. Left hand grabs and pulls out, right backfist comes down on top. Squishy. Leaves you open to whatever his hands are doing, so better hope he's off-balance. Doubt you'd have to worry after the move was completed, though.
    Sounds like a portion of the kenpo technique Bowing to Buddah and yes, it does leave you open to whatever the attackers' hands are doing if you're too slow [or don't add (what is apparently) the extension to that technique.]

As to the original question, seems to me that DANNY is wondering if we get our jollies by 'automatically' going for the groin. As Caver pointed out, it's not really effective as a stopper. Used as what we refer to in kenpo as a 'distraction', to be followed up with other strikes, yes, it's effective.

If it's the attacker or you, who would you choose to survive relatively unscathed?
    Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
    Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Martial Talk
    Grandmaster

5,000 Post Club
    In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torments me!)
    Thanks

As a guy, I would recommend ignoring the groin shot initially. If a man is confronting a woman, He's well aware of that area being her first target. Plus, early on, as children, boys learn to protect that area pretty well. If you attack, he'll pull back that area, stiffening out his legs. Perfectly, it sets up the kick to the knee cap, or shin bone.

Martial Talk
    Black Belt
    Thanks

Mushi Mushi Re: Women kick testicles

Ladies,

I am a man, and want to warn you about putting all of your eggs(so to speak)in one basket. I know most people believe(especially woman)that a good kick to the groin will end the confrontation. Don't believe the hype! I had a situation back quite a number of years ago.Where I landed a kick to the groin of an individual,(wearing my steel toed boots), at a slow trot. All he did was crouch down, and GROWWWLLLL. This is a true story, and meant to help any interested understand. That to focus on one area during a self defense situation could be your undoing. I still believe it has potential as a strike area, but don't delude yourself into thinking that its certain to end a physical situation.
    L47
    kenpochrstn

Martial Talk
    Master Black Belt
    1,000 Post Club
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Sword View Post
    As a guy, I would recommend ignoring the groin shot initially. If a man is confronting a woman, He's well aware of that area being her first target. Plus, early on, as children, boys learn to protect that area pretty well. If you attack, he'll pull back that area, stiffening out his legs. Perfectly, it sets up the kick to the knee cap, or shin bone.
    If, on the other hand, it's a guy confronting another guy, your opponent will frequently be less likely to guard effectively, since those strikes are "against the rules" in a fight. *laughs evilly*

Although groin strikes do not always work, and adrenaline can overcome the pain in some people, the old adage that "if you have a man by the groin, his heart and mind will soon follow" still has a grain of truth to it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors