Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Greg Park aka Choson Ninja

  1. #1
    IcemanSK's Avatar
    IcemanSK is offline El Conquistador nim!


    5,000 Post Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    6,345
    Thanks
    304
    Thanked 97 Times in 69 Posts
    Blog Entries:
    4
    Rep Power
    15

    Greg Park aka Choson Ninja

    I'm curious to see if anyone knows about this guy beyond what we see on youtube. http://youtube.com/user/ChosonNinja?ob=1

    We can all have opinions on what he has on his videos: both positive & negative. I'm just curious if anyone has met him &/or trained with him.
    "Being a great fighter is ONE thing. Being a good person is everything" -Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

  2. #2
    Hawke's Avatar
    Hawke is offline
    Martial Talk
    Master Black Belt

    1,000 Post Club
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,069
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Greg Park aka Choson Ninja

    I believe he has a real dojo in Southern California. DTG (Dedicated to God) Karate. Maybe you can ask some of his live (non YouTube) students over at the DTG Karate Dojo.
    “Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.

    ~Dali Lama

  3. #3
    IcemanSK's Avatar
    IcemanSK is offline El Conquistador nim!


    5,000 Post Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    6,345
    Thanks
    304
    Thanked 97 Times in 69 Posts
    Blog Entries:
    4
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Greg Park aka Choson Ninja

    I'm looking for info on his school & all I find are more video posts. I figure as web-savy as he is, he'd have a website for his school.
    "Being a great fighter is ONE thing. Being a good person is everything" -Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

  4. #4
    terryl965's Avatar
    terryl965 is offline
    Martial Talk Ultimate
    Post Whore Extreme


    40,000 Post Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Grand Prairie Texas
    Posts
    41,260
    Thanks
    292
    Thanked 298 Times in 159 Posts
    Rep Power
    53

    Re: Greg Park aka Choson Ninja

    Well if he is the chosen one then let it be. I for one will not miss with him for the simple fact he is the chosen one. By who who knows but the title scares me.
    Tae kwon do is a never ending quest for perfection. An art of developing the mind and the body to defeat your constant opponent…yourself. - anonymous

  5. #5
    IcemanSK's Avatar
    IcemanSK is offline El Conquistador nim!


    5,000 Post Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    6,345
    Thanks
    304
    Thanked 97 Times in 69 Posts
    Blog Entries:
    4
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Greg Park aka Choson Ninja

    Quote Originally Posted by terryl965 View Post
    Well if he is the chosen one then let it be. I for one will not miss with him for the simple fact he is the chosen one. By who who knows but the title scares me.

    That's what I wondered. They he explains that's it's cho SON, rather than chosen. He calls himself that because he's half Korean & half Japanese. Choson is an early term for Korea. Quite clever.
    "Being a great fighter is ONE thing. Being a good person is everything" -Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

  6. #6
    Hawke's Avatar
    Hawke is offline
    Martial Talk
    Master Black Belt

    1,000 Post Club
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,069
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Greg Park aka Choson Ninja

    hehe. Choson is an old name for Korea back when it used to be one country. His name can be translated "Korean Ninja" I think.
    “Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.

    ~Dali Lama

  7. #7
    Nolerama's Avatar
    Nolerama is offline
    Martial Talk
    Master Black Belt
    1,000 Post Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,228
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Greg Park aka Choson Ninja

    I've seen his stuff, and think it's amusing... and a little corny.

    I know Youtube is flame-central, but I still don't trust anyone to teach martial arts, but can't handle a critical question when you send him one.

    But... different strokes for different folks.
    STL City's best BJJ Academy

    North Broadway Brazilian Jiu Jitsu


  8. #8
    IcemanSK's Avatar
    IcemanSK is offline El Conquistador nim!


    5,000 Post Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    6,345
    Thanks
    304
    Thanked 97 Times in 69 Posts
    Blog Entries:
    4
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Greg Park aka Choson Ninja

    Quote Originally Posted by Nolerama View Post
    I've seen his stuff, and think it's amusing... and a little corny.

    I know Youtube is flame-central, but I still don't trust anyone to teach martial arts, but can't handle a critical question when you send him one.

    But... different strokes for different folks.
    That's the hard thing about a guy on the net. Some view the videos & say, "wow that's great." Others say "he's terrible & doing something a disservice to MA." We all can have an opinion based on what we see in the videos. That's why I wanna know if anyone has any 1st hand knowledge of him or his students. I'm having a hard time even finding info about his school or where he trains.
    "Being a great fighter is ONE thing. Being a good person is everything" -Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

  9. #9
    Shicomm's Avatar
    Shicomm is offline
    Martial Talk
    Purple Belt
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Age
    35
    Posts
    364
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Greg Park aka Choson Ninja

    Gregory is an odd guy imho.
    His motives ( providing martial arts instruction to those who cant affort to take classes ) are good but it's a confusing movement he's on to.
    We've seen movement from ninjutsu to karate and from tkd to taijutsu... it seems he's having a hard time sticking to a style / name .

    At a certain point i decided to put a video reponse on his activities on youtube.

    Part one

    Part two

    Since that point there where some things going on including the grand opening of his on-line dojo.
    To get a membership there you "have to be fully honest" and have a youtube account.
    Strange thing is that it seems that Gregory wasn't that honest when registrating the mychosondojo.com domain....


    Domain Name: MYCHOSONDOJO.COM

    Administrative Contact:
    Park, Greg
    My Choson Ninja
    123 Street
    Los Angeles, CA 12345
    United States
    8005551212


    Source

    Overall i'm very tempted to say it's a cult but to stay on the safe side i would say that the whole image is weird to say at least...

    Shicomm @ Japan 2010 : the 5th sensation... The sensation starts september the 13th !

  10. #10
    IcemanSK's Avatar
    IcemanSK is offline El Conquistador nim!


    5,000 Post Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    6,345
    Thanks
    304
    Thanked 97 Times in 69 Posts
    Blog Entries:
    4
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Greg Park aka Choson Ninja

    Your points are well taken, Shicomm. But as you say, you've not seen him beyond youtube, either. As far as the domain name, anyone could have regitered that name. It's not an active site now.

    We have our opinions about him & the videos. But, without 1st hand knowledge, it's still a bit distant to have an informed opinion.

    Personally, I'm just curious. I want to like the guy. Not to train with him: just to know he's doing the good he says he wants to do. It'd be the same about a school down the street. But in his case, I'm having trouble finding people who have been to his school or even where his school is. Until I can hear from someone who has actually trained with him or met him, I can only see the ads about him & his school. Which tells me like.
    "Being a great fighter is ONE thing. Being a good person is everything" -Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

  11. #11
    Shicomm's Avatar
    Shicomm is offline
    Martial Talk
    Purple Belt
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Age
    35
    Posts
    364
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Greg Park aka Choson Ninja

    Quote Originally Posted by IcemanSK View Post
    I'm having trouble finding people who have been to his school or even where his school is. Until I can hear from someone who has actually trained with him or met him, I can only see the ads about him & his school. Which tells me like.
    You're so right.

    This video just popped up on the channel.
    I checked it out since it was saying MMA but now it's doubt.

    Are those guys that funny or is it an example of the level that most of the 'fanboys' seem to have ?

    Regarding most of the reponse to the video it seems that it's weird at least !

    Shicomm @ Japan 2010 : the 5th sensation... The sensation starts september the 13th !

  12. #12
    IcemanSK's Avatar
    IcemanSK is offline El Conquistador nim!


    5,000 Post Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    6,345
    Thanks
    304
    Thanked 97 Times in 69 Posts
    Blog Entries:
    4
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Greg Park aka Choson Ninja

    My last sentence should have read, "Which shows me little."

    I just find him curious.
    "Being a great fighter is ONE thing. Being a good person is everything" -Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

  13. #13
    Nolerama's Avatar
    Nolerama is offline
    Martial Talk
    Master Black Belt
    1,000 Post Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,228
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Greg Park aka Choson Ninja

    Quote Originally Posted by Shicomm View Post
    You're so right.

    This video just popped up on the channel.
    I checked it out since it was saying MMA but now it's doubt.

    Are those guys that funny or is it an example of the level that most of the 'fanboys' seem to have ?

    Regarding most of the reponse to the video it seems that it's weird at least !

    *Sigh* I tried to comment on the video, asking (very politely) for a more "alive" technique because it really didn't look effective in terms of MMA (or anything for that matter) although I'm sure a more live technique would explain my question easily. The responder responded and said "Do you thinks this because no one of us lose blood or screams?"

    What's up with that? My question wasn't even answered, instead he/she/it tried to pick a flame war without event attempting to answer the question.

    That's not just a difference in opinion, it's just plain lazy. Who would want to train with people like that?

    I got a similar response from "Choson Ninja." Numerous times. This is pure garbage. Those two Youtube posters should be able to back their vids with a legitimate answer, instead of passing judgement and asking a rhetorical, dismissive question. Greg Park certainly does that. Even though he preaches against it.

    He's playing Whack-a-Mole with his credibility by trying to cover his butt with "philosophies" but doing the exact opposite. What a crock!

    I truly hope no one wastes their time or pays for his "instruction."

    Sorry, Ice, I know that you were just inquiring about Choson Ninja, but I've found him to be antithetical to my own core beliefs, as well as my martial arts journey. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people out there who can actually back up their Faith in the martial arts world, while teaching effective, explainable technique, and promoting credibility not only to the art itself, but to the practitioner.
    STL City's best BJJ Academy

    North Broadway Brazilian Jiu Jitsu


  14. #14
    terryl965's Avatar
    terryl965 is offline
    Martial Talk Ultimate
    Post Whore Extreme


    40,000 Post Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Grand Prairie Texas
    Posts
    41,260
    Thanks
    292
    Thanked 298 Times in 159 Posts
    Rep Power
    53

    Re: Greg Park aka Choson Ninja

    Quote Originally Posted by Nolerama View Post
    *Sigh* I tried to comment on the video, asking (very politely) for a more "alive" technique because it really didn't look effective in terms of MMA (or anything for that matter) although I'm sure a more live technique would explain my question easily. The responder responded and said "Do you thinks this because no one of us lose blood or screams?"

    What's up with that? My question wasn't even answered, instead he/she/it tried to pick a flame war without event attempting to answer the question.

    That's not just a difference in opinion, it's just plain lazy. Who would want to train with people like that?

    I got a similar response from "Choson Ninja." Numerous times. This is pure garbage. Those two Youtube posters should be able to back their vids with a legitimate answer, instead of passing judgement and asking a rhetorical, dismissive question. Greg Park certainly does that. Even though he preaches against it.

    He's playing Whack-a-Mole with his credibility by trying to cover his butt with "philosophies" but doing the exact opposite. What a crock!

    I truly hope no one wastes their time or pays for his "instruction."

    Sorry, Ice, I know that you were just inquiring about Choson Ninja, but I've found him to be antithetical to my own core beliefs, as well as my martial arts journey. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people out there who can actually back up their Faith in the martial arts world, while teaching effective, explainable technique, and promoting credibility not only to the art itself, but to the practitioner.
    Breath relax and remember there are so many of these guys around and it is a shame.
    Tae kwon do is a never ending quest for perfection. An art of developing the mind and the body to defeat your constant opponent…yourself. - anonymous

  15. #15
    Nolerama's Avatar
    Nolerama is offline
    Martial Talk
    Master Black Belt
    1,000 Post Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,228
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Greg Park aka Choson Ninja

    Quote Originally Posted by terryl965 View Post
    Breath relax and remember there are so many of these guys around and it is a shame.
    I appreciate the advice. After hitting the post button, I think I might have stepped over the line just a tad.
    STL City's best BJJ Academy

    North Broadway Brazilian Jiu Jitsu


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. To-Shin Do and the Togakure Ninja Spirit
    By ToShinDoKa in forum SKH/Quest/Toshindo/Shadows of Iga
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 03:45 AM
  2. Ninja Training By James Peterson
    By Bob Hubbard in forum MartialTalk Magazine Articles
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 03:03 PM
  3. Buddhist theory of ninja origin
    By BruceCalkins in forum The Great Debate
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 05-29-2005, 11:51 PM
  4. Ninja Ettiqutte
    By Cryozombie in forum The Comedy Cafe
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-25-2003, 05:24 PM

Search tags for this page (caching method: memcache)

chosen ninja

,

choson dtg karate california

,

choson ninja

,

chosonninja fake

,

chosonninja website

,

chosun ninja

,

chosunninja

,

greg park

,
greg park martial arts
,
greg park ninja
,

greg park ninja school

,
ninja chosen
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.