Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How to Kill - Pressure Points in Unarmed Combat

Martial Talk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Exclamation How to Kill - Pressure Points in Unarmed Combat

I recently watched the unarmed combat DVD from http://www.combatskills.net and really enjoyed it.

I would recommend it for simple, effective and deadly techniques. (No disrespect.)

But it's basically just a 'how to kill' instructional DVD with little explanation in terms of energy or pressure points. It talks about nerves and blood vessels etc., but not meridian lines etc.

If you want to just learn simple ways to kill an opponent using Special Forces unarmed combat techniques then fine. And it does mention pressure points including ST9. It also explains the 'Death Touch' infamous in the martial arts.

But I want a more detailed instructional DVD from a Ki/Chi position - actually giving the traditional names of all the pressure points used in military unarmed combat and why they work - not just "hit here at this angle and death is instantaneous!"

I don't just want to be a killing machine, I'm trying to learn about the military use of pressure points scientifically!!

Can anybody suggest another good DVD with this in mind?

MJS

Martial Talk
    Sr. Grandmaster

30,000 Post Club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,646 Times in 1,031 Posts

Re: How to Kill - Pressure Points in Unarmed Combat

Quote Originally Posted by davidbond View Post
    I recently watched the unarmed combat DVD from http://www.combatskills.net and really enjoyed it.

I would recommend it for simple, effective and deadly techniques. (No disrespect.)

But it's basically just a 'how to kill' instructional DVD with little explanation in terms of energy or pressure points. It talks about nerves and blood vessels etc., but not meridian lines etc.

If you want to just learn simple ways to kill an opponent using Special Forces unarmed combat techniques then fine. And it does mention pressure points including ST9. It also explains the 'Death Touch' infamous in the martial arts.

But I want a more detailed instructional DVD from a Ki/Chi position - actually giving the traditional names of all the pressure points used in military unarmed combat and why they work - not just "hit here at this angle and death is instantaneous!"

I don't just want to be a killing machine, I'm trying to learn about the military use of pressure points scientifically!!

Hmm...where oh where to start with this. Lets see:

1) I never have been and probably never will be, a fan of learning anything off of a tape. Nothing can replace a live instructor.

2) Pressure points are, IMHO, not able to be taught from a tape.

3) I would suggest making sure that you are very justified in killing someone. For someone to think that they're going to be able to watch this tape, actually learn something, and if someone should happen to attack them, hit a point and kill the person...well, thats just an invite to spend some quality time in jail.

4) There are killing moves in pretty much every art. Why would I need a tape to learn this when the arts that I already study will do just fine, if that is something I needed to do?

My replies are not intended to come off as harsh, but I'm just giving my opinion. I would strongly suggest that if you are serious about learning an art, to find a teacher, rather than try to learn from a tape. As I said, nothing can replace a live teacher to show you the fine points of an art.

Carol is offline Crazy like a...

20,000 Post Club
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,959 Times in 1,672 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidbond View Post

I'd recommend discussing this with a well-qualified defense attorney in your state and following his advice to the letter.
    !!!! GOAL EXCEEDED !!!!
    I became a volunteer Wilderness First Responder on June 6th, 2014, my first rescue was June 7th, 2014. THANK YOU for all your support!!

Sukerkin is offline Have the courage to speak softly

15,000 Post Club
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,356 Times in 2,431 Posts

David, in addition to the fine advice already given above, it is also important that you dwell a little on what your motivations are in this.

Nearly all of us come into martial arts in the first place with at least part of the goal in the back of our minds being to learn how to defend ourselves better. However, paradoxical as it sounds, the martial arts are not all about fighting, even less are they about killing.

To an extent they are about the application of measured force in reponse to a threatening situation but certain principles you learn along the way are there to give you the option of avoiding trouble in the first place - or at least they should be but that's a discussion being touched on elsewhere.

I hope that that makes some sense anyhow as I'm struggling under the lash of the tail-end of a migraine at present and things aren't quite up to speed in the organic computer .
    Last edited by Sukerkin; 02-19-2008 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Spurling and grandma abberations :o
    Jitatomoni Urami Kakotsu Kokoronashi - advice I am very poor at implementing

Rembo no michi omoi kokoro nashi - proof that not all old wisdom is all that wise

"The tough part comes when you SEE the world the way it really is and want to go back to how you used to see it--and can't. ." - Andy Moynihan

"It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from falling into error." U.S. Supreme Court in American Communications Association v. Douds

Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.

Martial Talk
    Brown Belt
    Thanks

Who exactly are you planning to kill? That is not something that you just thow out there like that. No responsible instructor is going to teach you something like that unless you have proven that you can be trusted with such knowledge. Even if you could be trusted, that type of thing is usually reserved just for a select few students after years of training. If you are trying to learn from a tape then you will definitely learn to kill someone - yourself . My best advice would be to just sign up for a martial arts class or a self defense course offered by local law enforcement. You won't learn to kill right off the bat, but you will learn some skills that will most likely make it unnecessary for you to have to kill anyone in the first place. Never ever take another life unless it just can't be avoided for self defense reasons and/or you are willing to forfeit your own and accept the reality that comes with doing just that.
    "If it comes at the expense of others, then it is not true happiness"
    - SageGhost83

JadecloudAlchemist is offline Banned User 1,000 Post Club
    Thanks

I might be able to suggest things but not in the lines of killing people.
    First to know meridians is to know meridian theory. Knowing the names of each point on a meridian in Chinese or English is fine for example you mentioned St-9 Stomach 9 or Ren Ying= Man's prognosis reason being its called that is location by the Adam's apple.
    So as far as DVD's are concerned you can purchase Anatomy for Acupunture which will cost you $300 @ redwingbooks.com
    As far as books go you can find a decent acupunture book explaining the points. To use points for harming requires you to know how the points heal and effect circulation of Qi. There is of course much more to it.

Martial Talk
    Sr. Grandmaster
    20,000 Post Club
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,487 Times in 2,130 Posts

1st – Killing - BAD, very bad - DON'T KILL OR TRY AND KILL ANYONE!!!

2nd – Learning pressure points from a video – Not Possible

3rd – Learning Qi or Ki form a Video – Not recommended

Find a legitimate teacher and don’t kill anybody.
    - If you train martial arts without training deep skill, you will arrive at old age with nothing - Di Guoyong
    - A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Muhammad Ali
    - Last of the original Four Heroic Cynical Curmudgeons

Martial Talk
    Senior Master
    1,000 Post Club
    Thanks

Killing pressure points?

Please.

Martial Talk
    Senior Master
    1,000 Post Club
    Thanks

Cool Re: How to Kill - Pressure Points in Unarmed Combat

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel M View Post
    Killing pressure points?

Please.
    While the above post is a bit dismissive of pressure points, it brings up something I would like to add. Using pressure point strikes in a real life self defense encounter is going to be very hard to pull off. To actually pull it off you will need years of training under a very good teacher (not a DVD). If you really need to cripple an attacker, it would be easier to learn to target things like the throat, not some finger sized point on the body.
    Winds and storms, embrace us now
    Lay waste the light of day
    Open gates to darker lands
    We spread our wings and fly away
    ~ Emperor

Martial Talk
    Master Black Belt
    1,000 Post Club
    Thanks

Cool Re: How to Kill - Pressure Points in Unarmed Combat

In field combat one kills,
    In street combat one defends.
    Pressure points should be used to disable when possible. To use pressure points to intentionally kill one should buy some soap on a rope.
    Alan J Cunningham
    Kenpo Karate/Jujitsu
    "Retired" L.E.O.

In Everyones Life There Comes A Time When You Must "Stand Your Ground".

Martial Talk
    Senior Master
    1,000 Post Club
    Thanks

Id like to see the corners reports on all those "death by pressure point" cases.

Or even just one.

Martial Talk
    Senior Master
    1,000 Post Club
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xue Sheng View Post

Perfect advice........................................agai n!!!!
    RexKwonDo Instructor

I help out my TaeKwon Dodo's.

Martial Talk
    Grandmaster

5,000 Post Club
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xue Sheng View Post

Killing is OK in some circumstances. Yes you can learn it from a video.
    Sean
    The Trash Heap Has Spoken!

Martial Talk
    Grandmaster

5,000 Post Club
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    In field combat one kills,
    In street combat one defends.
    Pressure points should be used to disable when possible. To use pressure points to intentionally kill one should buy some soap on a rope.
    Again, its OK to kill bad guys.
    Sean
    The Trash Heap Has Spoken!

Martial Talk
    Sr. Grandmaster
    20,000 Post Club
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,487 Times in 2,130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Touch Of Death View Post
    Killing is OK in some circumstances
    no comment

Quote Originally Posted by Touch Of Death View Post
    Yes you can learn it from a video.
    Sean
    Learn pressure point attacks form a video.... sorry, I do not agree
    - If you train martial arts without training deep skill, you will arrive at old age with nothing - Di Guoyong
    - A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Muhammad Ali
    - Last of the original Four Heroic Cynical Curmudgeons

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsors