Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Wtf

Thanks

Re: Wtf

Quote Originally Posted by msmitht View Post
    you do know that the kkw and wtf stopped doing palgwe forms a LONG time ago, don't you?
    Mainly ITF that does them now!

Martial Talk
    Black Belt
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Cyriacus;1429301]
    *Just for any other Readers, to clarify that the Underlined and Not Bold Text is his Reply, and not my Reply Well, what you Meant and Said are evidently a touch different. Fair enough;You do realise im quoting You...
    you do realize that you are misunderstanding me. When I say "they are not part of kkw taekwondo anymore" the "they" I am referring to is the PALGWE forms! I enjoy this conversation but am finding it a bit annoyingg that I have to keep repeating myself.Now run along and read something else...

Martial Talk
    Senior Master
    1,000 Post Club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 1,011 Posts

[QUOTE=msmitht;1429318]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyriacus View Post
    you do realize that you are misunderstanding me. When I say "they are not part of kkw taekwondo anymore" the "they" I am referring to is the PALGWE forms! I enjoy this conversation but am finding it a bit annoyingg that I have to keep repeating myself.Now run along and read something else...
    Just to Clarify, I do know this, now that youve Clarified it. But if you read what you said without already knowing what your Intentions of the Statements were, each could be Read a couple of ways. Hence; "What You Meant, And Said, Are Evidently A Touch Different". Because the obvious Interpritations of each Statement is, in fact, different to your Intention. And I wasnt the only one who Interprited them that way.
    Have A Nice Day

--
    "Knowing Is Not Enough; We Must Apply. Being Willing Is Not Enough; We Must Do."
    -Leonardo Da Vinci

--

Martial Talk
    Grandmaster

5,000 Post Club
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,409 Times in 2,020 Posts

you do realize that you are misunderstanding me. When I say "they are not part of kkw taekwondo anymore" the "they" I am referring to is the PALGWE forms! I enjoy this conversation but am finding it a bit annoyingg that I have to keep repeating myself.
    "You do realise" that "not part of" and "not required" are not the same thing, don't you?
    The Palgwe forms were developed by the Kukkiwon and will always be a part of Kukki Tae Kwon do, even if not a required part.

(Condescending insult deleted.)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirty Dog For This Useful Post:

Cyriacus (09-17-2011), NSRTKD (09-17-2011)

Martial Talk
    Senior Master
    1,000 Post Club
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dog View Post
    "You do realise" that "not part of" and "not required" are not the same thing, don't you?
    The Palgwe forms were developed by the Kukkiwon and will always be a part of Kukki Tae Kwon do, even if not a required part.

(Condescending insult deleted.)
    I Literally just Alt+Tabbed out of a Program I was running to say Exactly the Same thing.
    :P

In Addition, "They are not part of Kukkiwon TKD anymore."
    He said this IMMEDIATELY after, "If your school still does them then so be it."

Which Obviously reads as, the Schools not being a part of KKW TKD anymore.
    I suppose My point, is that even if his Intentions were Otherwise, it was Communicated Poorly.

*To clarify, im not saying this part to you, Dirty Dog;
    Repeat yourself though you will - We all get that youre trying to say that what you were saying is different to how it was Read.
    I realise this.
    Im saying, that this could have been Avoided.
    Have A Nice Day

--
    "Knowing Is Not Enough; We Must Apply. Being Willing Is Not Enough; We Must Do."
    -Leonardo Da Vinci

--

Martial Talk
    Grandmaster

5,000 Post Club
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,409 Times in 2,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Indie12 View Post
    Mainly ITF that does them now!
    Actually, no. The ITF (and it's offshoots) generally practice the Chang Hon Tul.

Martial Talk
    Brown Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriacus View Post
    In Addition, "They are not part of Kukkiwon TKD anymore."
    He said this IMMEDIATELY after, "If your school still does them then so be it."

Which Obviously reads as, the Schools not being a part of KKW TKD anymore.
    Your logic is flawed. For example, pushups are not part of Kukkiwon TKD, but many schools do them. So long as the school does the Kukkiwon minimum curriculum, I would say they are Kukkiwon TKD.

Martial Talk
    Black Belt
    Thanks

You guys know perfectly well what i meant and re arranging words or pointing out my flawed grammer just makes you guys look petty. I am done with this post and with you. ignored...ignored...ignored! now I feel a lot better

Martial Talk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

Well I am thoroughly confused. Can someone help me out with a ridiculous task...Which forms are palgwe and which are Chang hon tul, and which are whatever-the-other-one is?? If there's a link, tp be simple, i would greatly appreciate it.Our style is kind of a blend of two, in some ways, so I'm wondering which forms fall into which category. Sorry to be totally clueless and obnoxious!

Martial Talk
    Senior Master
    1,000 Post Club
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gwai Lo Dan View Post
    Your logic is flawed. For example, pushups are not part of Kukkiwon TKD, but many schools do them. So long as the school does the Kukkiwon minimum curriculum, I would say they are Kukkiwon TKD.
    I Assume you Quoted Me to Reply to Him

You guys know perfectly well what i meant and re arranging words or pointing out my flawed grammer just makes you guys look petty. I am done with this post and with you. ignored...ignored...ignored! now I feel a lot better
    Ignore us then.
    But it doesnt change the fact that only YOU KNEW what YOU meant to say. If you want to blame us for taking you seriously, and assuming you meant everything you said, and that we are the idiots for not reading your Sentences in a different order to how YOU typed them, so be it.

I never Re-Arranged ANY of your Words. I ONLY Quoted YOU Directly.
    And when so many People come to the same Conclusion, well, im glad you think its a big Conspiracy to make ourselves all Petty.
    Have Fun with that.

Enough Said.
    Have A Nice Day

--
    -Leonardo Da Vinci

--

Martial Talk
    Black Belt
    Thanks

The tul are the original hyung (chong gi, dan gun, do san, won yo, yul gook, etc) created for itf tkd. The palgwe, I believe, were created for the wtf before the taeguek poomsae. Not too sure about the history of palgwe except that in the 80's they were removed from the required curriculum for advancement in kukkiwon tkd.Many old school gm's kept teaching them and passed the tradition on which is why you may still see them at tourneys. They are not allowed in competition at official usat/wtf sanctioned events(state championship, national qualifiers, nationals and international events).
    Last edited by msmitht; 09-17-2011 at 04:03 PM. Reason: grammer

Martial Talk
    Black Belt
    Thanks

No, THEY are not. I have been to 3 master instructor courses (2 here, 1 in korea) and 4 poomsae seminars put on by the kukkiwon. Not once did we talk about or practice the Palgwe forms. If your school still does THEM then so be it. THEY are not part of Kukkiwon TKD anymore.
    Now then, let's look at the whole post that those I have now "ignored" keep quoting. "If your school still does them then so be it". The word "them" was a reference towards the palgwe forms. "They are not part of kukkiwon tkd anymore". The first word, "they", was a reference to "them" which was in reference to the palgwe forms set.

Martial Talk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

The tul are the original hyung (chong gi, dan gun, do san, won yo, yul gook, etc) created for itf tkd. The palgwe, I believe, were created for the wtf before the taeguek poomsae. Not too sure about the history of palgwe except that in the 80's they were removed from the required curriculum for advancement in kukkiwon tkd.Many old school gm's kept teaching them and passed the tradition on which is why you may still see them at tourneys. They are not allowed in competition at official usat/wtf sanctioned events(state championship, national qualifiers, nationals and international events).
    Can you give me any names of the palgwe? I ask because our style follows some ITF patterns and some WTF patterns, and I think something different, but I'm not sure if "palgwe" fits...

Martial Talk
    Black Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by naomisarah View Post
    Can you give me any names of the palgwe? I ask because our style follows some ITF patterns and some WTF patterns, and I think something different, but I'm not sure if "palgwe" fits...
    Palgwe 1-8. I do not believe that they have individual names. WTF pattern names are Taeguek 1-8 plus korryo, geumgang, taebaek, pyongwon, shipjin, jitae, cheonkwon, hansoo and illyo.
    smoe instructors do the older, Japanese /Okinawan style (TSD) forms like bassai, kusanku(Kanku dai) and nahanchi(Tekki)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to msmitht For This Useful Post:

NSRTKD (09-18-2011)

Martial Talk
    2nd Black Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by naomisarah View Post
    Well I am thoroughly confused. Can someone help me out with a ridiculous task...Which forms are palgwe and which are Chang hon tul, and which are whatever-the-other-one is?? If there's a link, tp be simple, i would greatly appreciate it.Our style is kind of a blend of two, in some ways, so I'm wondering which forms fall into which category. Sorry to be totally clueless and obnoxious!
    Why don't you simply ask your teacher what forms he/she is teaching you?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsors