Thread: Best Keiko-gi and Tabi brands?

RoninX is offline Banned User
    Thanks

Best Keiko-gi and Tabi brands?

Hello!

Id like to know your opinion on wich are the best brands for tabi and keiko-gi.

Ive used the same cimac uwagi for more than 10 years =). Now im tempted to buy a Kwon.
    Last edited by RoninX; 11-26-2009 at 06:52 AM.

Martial Talk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Re: Beste Keiko-gi and Tabi brands?

On this subject, does anyone know of a place that sells wide tabi? My shoe size is 13EEEE US.

Thank you
    "I aim to misbehave"
    -Malcom Reynolds

Martial Talk
    Senior Master
    1,000 Post Club
    Thanks

Re: Best Keiko-gi and Tabi brands?

For keiko gi I really like fuji gi.
    Tabi I don't know. I use the ones I ordered via my sensei, and they are bought in japan.
    武道は花道ではありません

Diplomacy is about haggling with people you'd prefer to shoot, which results in agreements that everyone hates, but can't live without.

To practice deadly but not drilled fully OR not deadly but drilled against full resistance; that is the question.

Martial Talk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

For keiko gi; fuji is a great basic gi that is sure to last you a long time, and for a good price. If you are looking for something more: I personally like Juka, and: Shureido. But that's easily going to cost you at least 150 euro for a gi. I've got a black shureido on order, if they are available here in Belgium. Hard to beat shureido imho .

Thanks

Anyone know what gi soke uses?

Martial Talk
    Blue Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RoninX View Post
    Anyone know what gi soke uses?
    Budo Nord claim he endorses their jujutsu gi.

https://www.kachi-do.com/budonordsho...la-p-1332.html

I have recently found the best out-of-the-bag gi I have ever worn, it is a Blitz 'Kokuba' black judogi, designated for 'student' use, rather than master/instructor/competition/gold etc etc, but was soft, flexible and extremely comfortable from day one, is a little more lightweight than most judogi, and more than tough enough for the demands of taijutsu. No jacket ties to lose, padded knees on the trousers, and a tie-waist on the adult sizes, so no red railroad round your belly after training with nasty elasticated pants!

http://www.blitzsport.com/Adult-Stud...category=11146

And nice and cheap too.

Even if I were to become very wealthy I would probably stick with this gi for evermore. I love it!

As a sidenote, I bought a 'jujitsu' gi from Blitz 18 months ago and it is still stiff as carpet and causes much undesirable nipple chafing so it proves that it is not always the brand that is unfit for one's needs, just the particular product. Forget their jujitsu gi, go with the black judogi!
    Martial arts don't fight, systems don't fight, techniques don't fight. Bodies (and minds) fight, and only in a finite number of ways.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ElfTengu View Post
    Budo Nord claim he endorses their jujutsu gi.

https://www.kachi-do.com/budonordsho...la-p-1332.html

I have recently found the best out-of-the-bag gi I have ever worn, it is a Blitz 'Kokuba' black judogi, designated for 'student' use, rather than master/instructor/competition/gold etc etc, but was soft, flexible and extremely comfortable from day one, is a little more lightweight than most judogi, and more than tough enough for the demands of taijutsu. No jacket ties to lose, padded knees on the trousers, and a tie-waist on the adult sizes, so no red railroad round your belly after training with nasty elasticated pants!

http://www.blitzsport.com/Adult-Stud...category=11146

And nice and cheap too.

Even if I were to become very wealthy I would probably stick with this gi for evermore. I love it!

As a sidenote, I bought a 'jujitsu' gi from Blitz 18 months ago and it is still stiff as carpet and causes much undesirable nipple chafing so it proves that it is not always the brand that is unfit for one's needs, just the particular product. Forget their jujitsu gi, go with the black judogi!

I think Soke often uses a Shurite keiko-gi.

Martial Talk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Re: Beste Keiko-gi and Tabi brands?

Quote Originally Posted by bwindussa View Post
    On this subject, does anyone know of a place that sells wide tabi? My shoe size is 13EEEE US.

Thank you
    I'm not sure if your found an answer to your Tabi question......and yes, a little Necromancy.....

AYYA have some awesome looking Tabi, and they do custom orders.....colors, materials, soles, and of course, SIZING.

Check them out.
    http://www.ayyawear.com/store/footwear/tabi/

Martial Talk
    Blue Belt
    Thanks

Or get some leather tabi from Ercan (advertised on Kutaki), I think he works from a drawn outline of your foot.
    Martial arts don't fight, systems don't fight, techniques don't fight. Bodies (and minds) fight, and only in a finite number of ways.

Martial Talk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

If you live in the Baltimore, MD area, the heavyweight black gi I purchased from Kiyota Company is the best I've ever owned. I like the fit and style of it and the material is very durable. They don't have a web site but they have a small store front and do mail order by phone. I usually wear a 5 but got a 6 I think they use japanese measurements. Just order a size larger than you usally wear.
    John Bouthner

"Sackomatic!"

Sponsors