Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hoshinryjitsu

Martial Talk
    Senior Master

1,000 Post Club
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,072 Times in 1,042 Posts

Re: Hoshinryjitsu

Yeah, the Judan was a posthumous honourary rank, from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by john2054 View Post
    Hi flying crane, despite what some others on this site may believe, I think the idea behind getting a degree honours is in order to complete a certain level of accomplishment which requires complete devotion. This is not directly relevant to martial training, but it is relevant to the arts systema in general. Getting a degree, be it accounting (which I can imagine is looked down upon from not university people), or Sociology what I am studying, is really quite a comendable feat in and as of itself. The amount of reading required is quite formidable, and the fact that Mr Morris has been the only soke to make this direct connection shows to me the depth and profundity of his level of insight in bringing the arts to the modern age. I come from a family of academics. Both of my parents and my sister and both grandfathers were ones. Me following in their footsteps is less a question of destiny and more one of hard work. I can worry about doing Aikido after I have completed this primary mode of study, thanks!
    Let's clear something up. Glenn Morris was not a Soke. He was misusing a term that didn't mean what he thought it meant. The founder of a system is not a Soke, they are only ever referred to as "Soke" by later generations (for a range of reasons), it is a title inherited from the previous generation head only, not from a committee, not from a ranking panel, and certainly not self-appointed. It'd be like pronouncing yourself King and wondering why people look at you funny.
    With respect,
    Chris Parker

www.ninjutsuaustralia.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Parker For This Useful Post:

Brian R. VanCise (02-02-2012)

Thanks

Hi Chris, two things I want to say now. Firstly every post i make here on this site follows with heaps on negative feedback. To this I only have to ask why? I can but assume that there are people involved with the running of this site who have got serious attitude problems. Next with regards to soke Glenn Morris' title, that is what we in the Hoshin fraternity, on the Hoshin Nexus for one thing, refer to him as as the founder of our worldwide style of Hoshinryujutsu. Please read pathnotes if you want to learn more about this great teacher. And DON'T leave more negative feedback for this post! man.

MJS

Martial Talk
    Sr. Grandmaster

30,000 Post Club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,646 Times in 1,031 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by john2054 View Post
    Hi Chris, two things I want to say now. Firstly every post i make here on this site follows with heaps on negative feedback. To this I only have to ask why? I can but assume that there are people involved with the running of this site who have got serious attitude problems. Next with regards to soke Glenn Morris' title, that is what we in the Hoshin fraternity, on the Hoshin Nexus for one thing, refer to him as as the founder of our worldwide style of Hoshinryujutsu. Please read pathnotes if you want to learn more about this great teacher. And DON'T leave more negative feedback for this post! man.
    To address a few things:

1) If you're having a rep issue, contact an Admin. You've already PM'd me, and I told you I'd look into it.

2) If you want someone to do something for you, dont be an ass!

3) Don't blame someone for doing something, unless you know all the facts.

4) Instead of blaming others, perhaps you should take a look at YOUR actions first! I told you numerous times that your opening post wasn't something that should be posted on this forum. We went around and around. Why? Because you can't follow direction.

5) Before I lock this thread, return to the original topic!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MJS For This Useful Post:

Bob Hubbard (02-02-2012), Brian R. VanCise (02-02-2012), Dirty Dog (02-02-2012)

Thanks

5) Before I lock this thread, return to the original topic!

OK MJS, Ninjas, yeah I believe in them! <grin>

MJS

Martial Talk
    Sr. Grandmaster

30,000 Post Club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,646 Times in 1,031 Posts

Apparently some people can't follow direction.

Thread Closed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsors