Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jeff Speakman.

c2kenpo Guest

Re: Jeff Speakman.

Being close to the topic at hand.

Just got back from Las Vegas with my group.
    Training with
    Mr. Jeff Speakman (No Master Title)
    Mr. John Sepulveda (Professor in some circles)
    Mr. Trevor Sherman (A direct Student of Mr. Jeff Speakman)
    Ms. Mimi Lessos (Stun woman / film star / womens kickboxing champion)
    Mr. Benny "The Jet" Uriquidez (World Champion Kickboxer)
    Mr. Paul Dye (No titles given that I know of.)
    Mr. Dan Inosanto
    Many special guests as well.

Keeping with Mr Speakman. He holds no title of Master or Professor nor as I understand directly from him does he want such a title.
    He currently holds rank as been shown and is an accomplished athelete.
    Having being hit and working with Mr. Speakman on several seminars taught by him, He is more then an accomplished Kenpoist irregardless of what anyone might think of him. His schools are run by his associate Mr. Trevor Sherman who is also an accomplished Kenpoist.
    Schools can be found at his website jeffspeakman.com or you can find satellite schools under the AKKS umbrella.

Hope this helped anser your question a bit more.

David Gunzburg

Martial Talk
    Senior Master

1,000 Post Club
    Thanks

Jeff teaches out of Lake Arrowhood and his Vegas gig was also his 7th Dan test evaluation before a "distinguished board." He prides himself with the fact that he's tested for every stripe on his belt.

He's disappointed in the state of all the Kenpo Self Appointed Grandmasters and says he will continue to test. His last test, for 6th Dan was something like 6 or 8 years ago.

I was fortunate enough to train his seminar a few weeks ago at Hanshi Lou Angels tournament in Joplin, Mo. and he is very good. And he is very dedicated to Hanshi Angel and the late SGM. Hanshi was also one of Jeffs distinguished guests.
    "A true Martial Artist is not one who fears change, but one who causes it to happen." - Ed Parker

gman Guest

Does anyone have the group picture from Friday? I didn't check the nbatteries in my camera until I had missed a great photo op with Mr Inosanto . I know there were about a jillion flashes going (sort of felt like Brad Pitt except for the fame, money, good looks and wife. sorry honey), so I'm hoping someone can post it so I can bogart their copy. Thanks.

c2kenpo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gman
    Does anyone have the group picture from Friday? I didn't check the nbatteries in my camera until I had missed a great photo op with Mr Inosanto . I know there were about a jillion flashes going (sort of felt like Brad Pitt except for the fame, money, good looks and wife. sorry honey), so I'm hoping someone can post it so I can bogart their copy. Thanks.
    I'll see if any of my guys got a shot of it and post it. I unfortunatly after flying in 8hrs and then working out with no food was a bit grumpy so I passed on the op for a shower and food and sleep.

David Gunzburg

Martial Talk
    Blue Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akja
    I was fortunate enough to train his seminar a few weeks ago at Hanshi Lou Angels tournament in Joplin, Mo. and he is very good. And he is very dedicated to Hanshi Angel and the late SGM. Hanshi was also one of Jeffs distinguished guests.
    When was he in Joplin? I live in Springfield, Mo. Does Mr. Speakman attend any other events in the area? I would love to attend one of his seminars if given the chance.

Michael
    From a Warrior to Scholars
    www.mitchellkenpo.com

Littledragon Guest

Mushi Mushi Re: Jeff Speakman.

Thank you for all the great replys.

Martial Talk
    Senior Master

1,000 Post Club
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AvPKenpo
    When was he in Joplin? I live in Springfield, Mo. Does Mr. Speakman attend any other events in the area? I would love to attend one of his seminars if given the chance.

Michael
    June 4th & 5th for the NCMA annual tounament/banquet and Hanshi Lou Angels celration of 15 years of the NCMA and his 50 years in the martial arts.
    http://www.louangel.com/

I beleive Jeff attends this tounament annually because he is very close to Hanshi. It's my understanding that Hanshi gave him his 1st blackbelt.

I have to tell you, I've heard people talk caca about Speakman but after meeting him and "hearing" him, I know why. He is a good technician and he speaks openly about those in the Kenpo community who he feels have strayed and to top it off he uses a "line" that I like that I adopted from my Sifu Felix Macias Jr.

If someone disagrees he tells them to "show him." Overall he's a nice guy and it was a good experience.
    "A true Martial Artist is not one who fears change, but one who causes it to happen." - Ed Parker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsors